AAA EDC CLICKY???

Brightholzer

Newly Enlightened
Hi! I gave this a shot with some searches and came up empty other then a FENIX LD02. The product offerings for lights has been exponential. In searching, allot of the hits are from 3-5 years ago. Looking for some feedback on an additional EDC lamp.

What I mostly or predominately use currently:
NC EC1
NC SensCR
NC T2s
Some AAA Helotex that I like.
That is allot of Nitecore

How I use it:
The T2s is my most-used lightweight backpack light along with a headlamp.
The EC1 is my currently most used for hunting or where I need some throw.
The other above are in EDC rotation.

What I'm looking for:
Basically an AAA or Nitecore T2s like light with a buttonand tail stand ability. If I have to go CR123 I can but I already have a ton of these. Size is important, it cant be the size of a Jetbeam BC-10 or a Surefire E1e.
- <$100
- SMALL, keychain light
- 50 Lumens min on high
- Tailstand
- Body or tail switch
- => 3 Mode, needs to have twilight or lowlumen mode
- Reversible clip (pocket and baseball hat)
- Prefer AAAA, AAA, possibly CR123.I'm not an AA fan as for that size, CR123 ispreferred.
- A small rechargeable would be considered.

Hits:
- Fenix LD02 (anything better???) (does not look like it will tail stand)

Other Hits but none seems to fit all criteria:

-EagleTac D25A
-
Fenix E01, E05, E99
-Fenix LD12
-Olite I3S

THANKS!

Last edited:

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not a lot of AAA clickies out there. Some are large for AAA lights, some are reverse clickies and some are not for key chain duty.

Streamlight Micro - 1xAAA
Pelican 1910 - 2 modes on the new model
FourSevens P1 with optional clicky
Lumintop Tool
Lumapower EDC LM 21 - forward clicky
DQG AAA clicky - SS and nuetral white emitter option
Banggood AAA clicky (incorrectly listed as the DQG)
Peak Eigers from Oveready - momentary switch, with or without QTC, a variety of heads, emitters and metals are available

Last edited:

Brightholzer

Newly Enlightened
Not a lot of AAA clickies out there. Some are large for AAA lights, some are reverse clickies and some are not for key chain duty.

Streamlight Micro - 1xAAA
Pelican 1910 - 2 modes on the new model
FourSevens P1 with optional clicky
Lumintop Tool
Lumapower EDC LM 21 - forward clicky
Peak Eigers from Oveready - momentary switch, with or without QTC, a variety of heads, emitters and metals are available

Thank you for the reply. I would be interested in the Preon P1 1xAAA. I was not aware that the clicky tail was a option.

Str8stroke:
I'm probably going to order the LD02 in addition because i'm silly that way.

Last edited:

velocityboy

Newly Enlightened
I really like my LD02. If I ever absolutely need it to tail stand I can put a piece of paper folded to about 6 or 8 layers thick into the clip and bend the paper about 90 degrees and there it is, pointing upwards all by itself.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
velocityboy, I have a GITD diffuser that came with a Maratac AAA I ordered a while back. It can install on the front or tail of the Fenix. If you put it on the tail, the light will tail stand. Google Maratac AAA and you will see what I am talking about. If you were interested you could contact Countycomm. They have the AA version listed for sale, but that won't fit the LD02.

velocityboy

Newly Enlightened
velocityboy, I have a GITD diffuser that came with a Maratac AAA I ordered a while back. It can install on the front or tail of the Fenix. If you put it on the tail, the light will tail stand. Google Maratac AAA and you will see what I am talking about. If you were interested you could contact Countycomm. They have the AA version listed for sale, but that won't fit the LD02.

Thanks for the tip Str8stroke! I'll definitely take a look. Sounds like a great accessory to have.

Sarge930

Newly Enlightened
DQG AAA clicky has never let me down And takes 10440 and AAA, NW is nice

Brightholzer

Newly Enlightened

Are all Banggood offering not DQG? A few different options show up as DQG.
http://www.duqingang.com/
Not clear on the DQG sourcing options.

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are all Banggood offering not DQG? A few different options show up as DQG.
http://www.duqingang.com/

My DQG slim AAA says DQG on the light. The Banggood light doesn't. Don't buy the Banggood light. The mode spacings and run time suck ***. Mode spacing is like: low, high, and very high. My Banggood light lasts about 15 minutes on high.

The DQG slim AAA, on the other hand, is a good light.

Last edited:

Mr Floppy

Flashlight Enthusiast

CN Qualitygoods is probably the clearest in terms of what you can get. There are two of them. CNQ001999 and CNQ002134. 1999 has three modes but 2134 has two but better spaced. 2134 is smaller and has a TIR lens and as davidt1 said has slim written on it. The 1999 has a reflector. Low mode on the 2134 is lower than the 1999 but still might be too bright for some.

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry for the delay - due to time zone differences.

Preon P1: The clicky tail cap is an option. Or you can get the P2 (2xAAA) and get the P1 body as an option. IS may still have some hi cri Preon P2 available, if you looking for hi cri.

I got my real DQG from CN Qualitygoods. I've gotten other lights (properly labeled) from Banggoods. Don't know why this light is mislabeled. There is a post somewhere (Difficult not to love AAAs these days?) that shows the differences. And, as davidt1 says, the DQG has better runtime. I haven't tested mine. The DQG does have better mode spacing.

Brightholzer

Newly Enlightened
Thank you all for the help and information....
I ended up ordering a DQG, the Fenix LD02, and the Preon P1 + Clicky
They will get used, I wasn't looking for 3 solutions but I couldn't decide and I still kinda stayed in the original budget. :)