Acebeam K75 lens problem ?

Jim 1965

Newly Enlightened
Hi I recently received a Acebeam k75. But it has some quality issues. The first, and main one is on the lens there is a oily film that I can't remove. I have tried eye glasses wipes with, and without rubbing alcohol. I am able to clean lens and it is crystal clear. But within a half hour or so there's a white film on the lens. I have tried many times to remove the film and it just moves around the lens. There are also small specks on the reflector which when the light is on glow. Has anyone else experienced this problem. Any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Need help

In my experience rubbing alcohol does leave a white deposit on glass.
Just use some Fairy Liquid on a soft cloth. MyHDSs regularly get a good scrub under the tap with Fairy and a toothbrush.
P

Last edited:

archimedes

Flashaholic
.... on the lens there is a oily film that I can't remove....

Thread moved to "LED Flashlights"

Does this flashlight get extremely hot ?

Maybe some "offgas / vapor" (volatiles) are released from nearby plastics / lubricant / o-rings / parts etc ?

Also, this might be affected by your ambient temperature and humidity, with regard to condensation, if there are environmental differences between the inside and outside of the lens (if sealed)

Is this item exposed to a marine-type environment ?

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic
Aim the light away from you when you turn it on and you won't even notice a few specks of dust in there. [emoji106]🏻

Jim 1965

Newly Enlightened
No haven't really used light yet. Only been out twice to check out light other than has been in the house

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had a similar issue with my K65GT. Brand new. Peeled off the lens protector and there was an "oily" film on the lens that I couldn't get rid of. After several cleaning cycles, it's pretty much gone but it is stubborn. I think it's some sort of release agent on the lens protector.

Hi I recently received a Acebeam k75. But it has some quality issues. The first, and main one is on the lens there is a oily film that I can't remove. I have tried eye glasses wipes with, and without rubbing alcohol. I am able to clean lens and it is crystal clear. But within a half hour or so there's a white film on the lens. I have tried many times to remove the film and it just moves around the lens. There are also small specks on the reflector which when the light is on glow. Has anyone else experienced this problem. Any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks

Latest posts