• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Acebeam L16vn - Best High Output Tactical R

wcoastjosh

Newly Enlightened
I think this is exactly the light I have been waiting for, and I am really excited about it! I think I am set on the HI, but am wondering whether I should get the 6500k or the 5000k. Does anyone have a strong preference (and why?), and what does the difference in performance look like?

Thanks!

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I think this is exactly the light I have been waiting for, and I am really excited about it! I think I am set on the HI, but am wondering whether I should get the 6500k or the 5000k. Does anyone have a strong preference (and why?), and what does the difference in performance look like?

Thanks!

Difference in performance is negligible. If this is your general purpose light I think HI 5000K is nice. If this is your tactical light then HI 6500K might be more irritable.

Venompower

Newly Enlightened

Thanks!
I've just oredered one from Vinh with the 5000k HI because I prefer neutral white, even for "tactical" flashlights. I imagine that there will be a slight loss in both lumens and lux but it should be difficult to notice with the human eye.
I'll try to do some beamshots when I receive it 😉

Edit: beat by Vinh himself :fail:

Last edited:

wcoastjosh

Newly Enlightened
Thank you both for responding so quickly! This will be for tactical use, but I think the 5000k will be a little easier on my own eyes. I will go order one now. Thanks again!

Kevin1322

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Vinh, if I run the LG 3500 IMR (10A) instead of the VTC5 (30-35A, which you recommend) I should get a lot better run time. Any idea how many lumens I'll lose on turbo?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
this thing is very impressive !!

Nice light and the cerakote done is exceptionally strong compared to the others I have handle but man I just cant find the courage to carry a cerakote light yet...

Sky Lumen's Acebeam L16vn is pure flashlight heaven!

When I stumbled across the beamshot videos for the Acebeam L16 there was something familiar about its beam pattern and power output.

I revisited the measurements made by flashlight reviewer Selfbuilt for the Olight SR90 and discovered it is very close to Sky Lumen's Acebeam L16vn. No way! I am blown away that a single 18650 size body with a 1.575" diameter head (remember the Surefire M3-CB Combatlight had a 1.62" diameter head) has the output and cd beam intensity equal to the 8x18650 Olight SR90!

Last edited:

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
The L16vn and EC60vn are both excellent lights with XHP35 emitters. Specs are practically identical with the same bezel diameter. The EC60vn has added runtime and a bit of extra weight due to the 26650 battery. Both are perhaps ideal neighborhood dog walk lights.

Last edited:
The L16vn and EC60vn are both excellent lights with XHP35 emitters. Specs are practically identical with the same bezel diameter. The EC60vn has added runtime and a bit of extra weight due to the 26650 battery. Both are perhaps ideal neighborhood dog walk lights.
For sure, and L16vn UI is great.

Sky Lumen flashlights are the best. I take a Sky Lumen flashlight with me everywhere i go.

ChrisDonaldson

Newly Enlightened
For sure, and L16vn UI is great.

Sky Lumen flashlights are the best. I take a Sky Lumen flashlight with me everywhere i go.

Completely agree. Been running with my L16vn and am totally satisfied. If for this reason alone, I was happy to switch to Daylight Savings Time, because it meant that it was darker in the mornings when I run, so that the L16vn could really perform.

Keitho

Enlightened
I finally pulled the trigger on a L16vn. For nighttime use, I'm a sucker for warmer tint, so I got the xhp35 4000k. Very nice, tight (but not too tight) throw, with limited spill, that vinh measured at 450m, 1700 lm. Love this thing. I used a low light shooting class that I have coming up as my excuse to "have" to buy it, but I'll be conjuring all kinds of other reasons to use it! Thanks Vinh! This thing at $133 puts "tactical" lights at twice the price to shame!

https://imgur.com/gallery/msgIlIc

Keitho

Enlightened
Even the HD! Oh my god you would be my hero if you could post some beamshots indoor/outdoor whatever you want. :D
Sure, I'll see what I can do tonight when it gets dark. What is making you hesitate most? Hotspot/spill size, tint, physical size, throw...?

LichtAn!

Enlightened
I have a lot of similar lights, but I have a feeling the L16 HD would be something I'd really enjoy. (let's be real I already spend way too much money on lights o I need to justify another one ;) )

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a lot of similar lights, but I have a feeling the L16 HD would be something I'd really enjoy. (let's be real I already spend way too much money on lights o I need to justify another one ;) )

I am now a fan of xhp35 hd. I rather go with sst40 dome on for the less heat..

LichtAn!

Enlightened
I actually can't take the SST40 tint, I wish they would be producing some 5000K. The XHP35s have some really nice neutral tints and even high CRI.