• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Acebeam new K75 2500m throw 6300lm flashlight now presenting

SKV89

Enlightened
I measured my K75 using Texas Ace Lumen Tube calibrated with Maukka lights at 2 seconds:

4,310 lumens at turbo in power mode
1,820 lumens in Eco max.

I did not take any measusrements at 30s. Lumens fall after turn-on so 30s should be much lower. I tried both the stock Acebeam 18650 protected cells, Keeppower VTC6 3100mah protected cells, and X65 8-cell rechargable battery tube and got the same results. For anyone getting higher measurements, what cells did you use? I wonder if I got a lemon or is Acebeam ratings severely inflated on this light. They are not as good as Olight, Fenix, and Emisar when it comes to lumen rating accuracy but nothing this bad. I measured the Acebeam TK16 osram version and got 1100 lumens, which is not too bad.
The K75 is smaller and much lighter than I expected. The head is slightly smaller than the R90C. I can fit it completely in my 4" TA lumen tube for an accurate measurement. I think it is very well designed. I tried an X80 4-cell tube and it fits in the K75. However, the K75 tube does not fit in the X80. Weird.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
My flashlight guy measured my factory specimen thusly: otf 30 secs: 1.57Mcd and 4,800 lumens and 2,506 Meters. He and I only use protected cells on a very few selected lights that require them.

My personal observation is: More range than K70/TN42 and X65, and much less self glare at full range than X65. The beam diameter, glare-free crispness of target and max range are exciting to behold, and nothing comes close. I searched the world wide web for posted comparative beamshots, and those also show K75 is definitely the current led dedicated throw king.

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
We bought a new K75 to try out. It was a nice light, but just didn't do anything for us.

For use around the farm and property, the X65 is still the king of all-around lights.

Last edited:

SKV89

Enlightened
I bought mine from Andrew & Amanda. Tested with Texas Ace Lumen Tube calibrated with Maukka lights and a Sekonic Spectromaster C-800-U. Lumen measurements taken at 2s.

Acebeam K75Power Mode Turbo4,310 lumens6809K-0.0047 DUV69.9 CRI-9.9 R944.4 R1263 Rf97 Rg
Acebeam K75Power M41,538 lumens5755K0.0034 DUV66.9 CRI
Acebeam K75Power M3778 lumens5480K0.0074 DUV66.7 CRI
Acebeam K75Power M2247 lumens5098K0.0131 DUV66.1 CRI
Acebeam K75Power M1128 lumens4981K0.0151 DUV66.3 CRI
Acebeam K75Eco Max1,820 lumens

The turbo mode with a -0.0047 DUV looks beautiful pure white. The lower modes with positive DUV has a greenish tint.

mortuus

Newly Enlightened
lumens is noway close to the stated by acebeam , how come? for a price this light the lumens shouldnt differ more then 3-400 max. otherwise the rated lumens is a joke and u feel ripped off buying such light.. come on acebeam, put realistic lumens not made up from thin air...

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got mine five months ago, and I bought five other lights since then, and out of the 25 real performance lights in my collection, this light is the most exciting long distance light I have seen.

What this light does to distant targets is still very exciting every time I use it.

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Will it be bright enough in my bedroom :nana:
I got mine five months ago, and I bought five other lights since then, and out of the 25 real performance lights in my collection, this light is the most exciting long distance light I have seen.

What this light does to distant targets is still very exciting every time I use it.

DayofReckoning

Enlightened
I've had my new K75 for a little over a week now. Yes, it is a monstrously powerful light, but one needs to have a very large open area to really appreciate how powerful it really is. What I find most impressive is one does not only get the insane throw from it's super tight beam, but the spill is large and bright enough to make it a very useful light and not just a one trick pony.

The only real issue I have is, like several others have reported already, the LED tint is quite a bit green on the lower brightness levels.

Bazar

Newly Enlightened
Yes, and counterwise, they have to maintain that power. There is no "low" mode Haha, if you will. You got 30 minutes of light, a couple thousand hours of bulb life at that power level, limited battery life and enough weight and price two k75s should be used mounted together (take up less volume too) , and finally they are free market lights, not limited production unavailability lights you have to jump through hoops, register ownership and pay for.

Bazar

Newly Enlightened
lumens is noway close to the stated by acebeam , how come? for a price this light the lumens shouldnt differ more then 3-400 max. otherwise the rated lumens is a joke and u feel ripped off buying such light.. come on acebeam, put realistic lumens not made up from thin air...

Said who? People with cardboard boxes and 1 lux meter for lumen spheres? Measure this in a 10,000 dollar lumensphere, then tell me it isn't at least 6,000.

In fact I did the math, for this reflector to get that throw the surface of the LED must be at least 6,000 lumens to get the required candela from a multi-million candlepower intensity.

DayofReckoning

Enlightened
Said who? People with cardboard boxes and 1 lux meter for lumen spheres? Measure this in a 10,000 dollar lumensphere, then tell me it isn't at least 6,000.

In fact I did the math, for this reflector to get that throw the surface of the LED must be at least 6,000 lumens to get the required candela from a multi-million candlepower intensity.

Matt from Adventure sports tested his at 30s got 4658 lumens
Zeroair's Review at 30s got 4478 lumens
Post #42 in this thread got 4310 lumens
Post #43 in this thread got 4800 lumens
The thread for Modded Skylumen K75vn's list them as 4800 lumens stock
Flashaholics review on YouTube got 5400 lumens At turn on

Bazar

Newly Enlightened
Every single one of those reviewers uses a box with less than 3 lux meters. If you run the math 1.5mill candela isn't possible with the candlepower @ the LED from 4400 lumens, and that size area reflector.
Vihn 'Win' has the most accurate, a sphere with a refraction mylar cover over the lux meter reducing direct lumen over estimate while maintaining most of the lumens. His doesn't cost 1000 dollars and has only 2 lux meters.

No matter what, 1 or 2 lux meters does not measure lumens, especially not with outlier lights (throwers/flooders).
Acebeam used a 3rd party lumen sphere and reverse-calculation from the power to the LED. The LED must be doing over 6,000 lumens and with a 7% reflector reduction and 3% additional from that (about 2.8% after the first number) you get around 6,000 lumens. You are free to look up the luminous white sbt90.2 specs to see stated size, and lumen output, and then take the lumen output and find intensity (candlepower), then find the measurement for the LED intensity in the spill or at the lenses of the light and find the output from said distance from the LED, then the mathematical lux on the surface of the LED, then back to the area to give you lumens.

Or just see how hard the light is driven, use Luminus figures to determine output @LED, generalize a 8-10% drop in output OTF.

All these have been used in other areas of this forum. An experienced moderator can probably point you to the right page.

Lumen boxes that m4d m4x and VN and people use can not measure true output, and it is totally a myth that the relative output is accurate as well. Only truth to their measurements will be VS a very similar light like the BLF GT 90. Then I would believe it but it was also much lower than claimed meaning the boxes are feeble minded generalizations never to be taken at face value.

easilyled

Flashaholic
If we could obtain all measurements reliably from hypothetical mathematics, there'd never be a need for any measurement devices. Even if they're not perfect, I'd use them over a mathematical equation making many assumptions, every time!

DayofReckoning

Enlightened
Imagine disputing and contesting consistent, objective, verifyible results that were obtained by Six independent sources, sources who all have shown consistent, accurate results in the past, across Six different samples of said flashlight, and instead ask us to ignore the hard data, and trust a math calculation with a bunch of hypotheticals.

Then imagine telling those very people who's actual test data conflicts with the super duper hypothetical math equations they cooked up this

"Lumen boxes that m4d m4x and VN and people use can not measure true output, and it is totally a myth that the relative output is accurate as well. Only truth to their measurements will be VS a very similar light like the BLF GT 90. Then I would believe it but it was also much lower than claimed meaning the boxes are feeble minded generalizations never to be taken at face value. "

Last edited: