• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Acebeam W30vn - The LED Thrower R (DISCONTINUED SOON)

Patriot

Flashaholic
Re: Acebeam W30vn - The LED Thrower R

Vinh, have you considered pricing them according to performance? People would pay a premium for the best samples and it would cost you nothing. I suspect that some people will be a bit concerned they'll end up with a 1.5mcd sample, which is fine if that's what they're paying for. However, you could tier the pricing and get more for higher performing samples in say... 10-15% increments. Just a thought and this is how most dealers price lasers as well.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

No I dont plan on that. Not really my business model. I am only selling my model $15 more than retail. With that $15 u are guaranteed a light that is brighter than stock. You also have my warranty for peace of mind. I dont really want to play the cherry pick game and sell for more. Especially on a large scale. Notice I sell my Fiat Lux at the same price as my normal lights.

Agpp

Enlightened

I honestly got no clue what I am doing. I have no specs on this particular laser module so I really don't know how much to drive it. I don't think we should push it any harder though as its very impressive as is. I let the light ran for 10 minutes straight and it only got warm and light is still crazy bright so I figure we are good. Kind of just tweaking in the dark really.

Note that with lasers you shouldn't go anywhere beyond "warm". Laser diodes are much more sensitive to temperature than LEDs. I don't have enough knowledge to speak what's the maximum temperature of a typical LD but I've seen a some that were 50-65 °C recently...compared to 125-150 °C for a typical LED. Now subtract the ambient of 25 °C and you have merely 25-40 °C to work with (reminder: this number is a hint rather than some average) as opposed to 100-125 °C with a LED...

Supposedly not.
From what I know it's "yes" but then I know little on the topic. Do you have any more to say to explain why would a high CRI phosphor be as efficient as a low CRI one when used together with a laser?

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast

No I dont plan on that. Not really my business model. I am only selling my model $15 more than retail. With that $15 u are guaranteed a light that is brighter than stock. You also have my warranty for peace of mind. I dont really want to play the cherry pick game and sell for more. Especially on a large scale. Notice I sell my Fiat Lux at the same price as my normal lights.
With the samples appearing to grow in power, I have faith your new samples will be at least 2Mcd :D

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I just want to say, last week this sub-forum was the most dead I had ever seen it in 3 years. (Unsurprising due to Vinh's vacation and busy project schedule lately.) But THIS thread has literally the most posts/views I've EVER seen in under 30 hours. What's going on haha, this is more hoppin' than a flash sale thread!

I don't see the fascination with this light personally, but I guess I'm also not at all into lasers, in fear of law enforcement and improper use / eye damage. I used to enjoy weak lasers when I was like 10 years old but I've since outgrown them and find them very impractical for my lifestyle and environment. Like yes it throws amazingly for the size, but I can't walk my residential neighborhood with it, or help the elderly lady to her car in the dark, or use it for any handiwork purposes for car mechanics or... anything.

Only purpose I can think of would be hunting, or working in a giant warehouse and frequently needing to point out objects to coworkers. Maybe working in a train station at night? Delivering food/packages at night to see address numbers? Can someone provide some insight on practical common uses for this type of light?

Thanks!

Last edited:

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast

Common use case:
walk outside, turn light on, point it towards the furthest object you can find, and chuckle.

Rinse and repeat for additional chuckles as needed

roguesoul

Newly Enlightened

I don't see the fascination with this light personally, but I guess I'm also not at all into lasers, in fear of law enforcement and improper use / eye damage.
...... Delivering food/packages at night to see address numbers? Can someone provide some insight on practical common uses for this type of light?

Thanks!
Calling this flashlight a laser is like calling a cd player a laser. It isn't.

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast

vinh, I piped funds to your pocket :D send me an impressive w30 plzzzz.

Calling this flashlight a laser is like calling a cd player a laser. It isn't.

MAD777 in post #919 of The Lounge was quoted as saying the Acebeam W30 "is best used as a laser."

As though it's better for "pointing out" objects at a distance rather than "seeing" objects at a distance lol.

roguesoul

Newly Enlightened

MAD777 in post #919 of The Lounge was quoted as saying the Acebeam W30 "is best used as a laser."

As though it's better for "pointing out" objects at a distance rather than "seeing" objects at a distance lol.

I hear ya. Tomorrow I receive The W10 version which should cut through porch-light blinding brightness to illuminate house addresses at night.

AmericanDissent

Enlightened

Vinh,

Can you polish the rear switch?

Can W30/W30vn be run on Samsung 50E?

Issue

Enlightened

Crazy! Is the spill equal to XSvn?
How is it to play with compare to XS? :)

star_c_star

Enlightened

OK, I stumbled across this Acebeam W30vn thread early this morning, and read it from beginning to end.

As a result, I just bought 2 Acebeam W30vns

If I'm lucky, they'll both measure over 2 million candela.

The only LEP I currently have is the Maxtoch Xsword. I'll probably send it to Vinh for a power boost, even though I measured its throw at almost 2 million candela. He can push it as he did the W30's.

Last edited:

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast

OK, I stumbled across this Acebeam W30vn thread early this morning, and read it from beginning to end.

As a result, I just bought 2 Acebeam W30vns

If I'm lucky, they'll both measure over 2 million candela.

The only LEP I currently have is the Maxtoch Xsword. I'll probably send it to Vinh for a power boost, even though I measured its throw at almost 2 million candela. He can push it as he did the W30's.
If you dont mind me asking, why 2? Giving one away?

star_c_star

Enlightened

If you dont mind me asking, why 2? Giving one away?

I bought 2 for three reasons.

First, to increase my chances of receiving one with a super high candela rating.

Second, so that I can send one back to Vinh for future upgrades he hasn't thought of yet.

Third, I often buy more than one copy of a truly revolutionary flashlight, as long as the price isn't ridiculously high.

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast

I dont understand why they care if they like your mods or not, they should still sell to you if you meet the criteria of a reseller (buy in x amount)