Acebeam X45

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pretty sure it's 4x xph70 given its name and product page.

I'm not much interested in seeing how many lumens Vinh can push out of it with xhp70s. I rather see what he can do with it via shaved dome xhp50s, shaved dome xhp70s, or xhp35 HIs. Wonder what kind of throw he can get out of it at x output.

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
The diameter of the head and body are the same as the K60, but the overall length is 32% shorter.

This is shaping up to be one bad oscar of a light! :paypal:

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not much interested in seeing how many lumens Vinh can push out of it with xhp70s. I rather see what he can do with it via shaved dome xhp50s, shaved dome xhp70s...

Early indications are the X45 will come standard [from Acebeam] with shaved dome XHP70's.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do they actually slice the domes off the xhp70s in factory? As far as I'm aware of they are no stock Cree High Intensity variants of the 50 and 70.

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast
jEkfkm4.jpg

maukka

Enlightened
They've updated the product page

Normal battery carrier with 4x18650, no proprietary pack with integrated charging.

5000 and 6500 K options, that's nice.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
The German forum reports availability and reception of NW version.

@Cuxhavener (Super-Moderator) reports warm hotspot, and spill is between nw and cw, and Cuxhavener further states that this can vary from one to another sample. No green or purple, according to Google Translate of his post.

I will post back when I get my modded version with newer iteration of the emitter.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Today, in the German forum, @FrankFlash posted his subjective review of the X45 in Acebeam > Passaround topic thread.

There is a nice subjective comparative review, and more than a few very nice quality comparative beamshots.

My Vinh mod has not shipped yet; I eagerly await this item. I anticipate being pleased with nice build quality from Acebeam, and another layer of QC/QA from Vinh.

I know that maximum power mode is for short burst only; but I like lights that are capable of unleashing all power in a brief blaze of glory; as well as normal mode for normal heat and normal runtime.

I know that tint temperature and strength will vary from sample to sample, and that tint preference is subjective. I am ok with all tints, except Strong > Black. :)

Indoor use: I am sure the X45vn will be my Reflectored Ceiling Bounce king. This is my primary interest is acquiring this item, as modded.

Outdoors use: I am also looking for the item that is king of spreading tons of light up close and all around with very wide angle. I am sure that this is it.

This light does compete with other offerings. I will state that I did not select the nearest similar competitive item, because there are some brands that Vinh does not mod.

/threads/acebeam-x45-erfahrungen-aus-dem-passaround.55949/#post-789087

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
A lot of folks have posted pics/vids of their X45 and most have really bad tints. Had one on order and cancelled it, the green/purple tints are unacceptable to me. If Acebeam corrects itself and starts building some X45's with [consistently] good tints, I will buy one.

Here's maukka's review:
http://w.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?432346-Acebeam-X45-review-with-measurements-(4x-XHP70-4x-18650)

"The Acebeam X45 will be a polarizing light for sure...I for one would gladly have less output for better tint. As it is, the beam for me is too green in the hotspot and too blue in the spill."

http://budgetlightforum.com/comment/1109443#comment-1109443

"Just got the X45 in 5000 K (5035 K measured) and have some bad news. It has the worst green hotspot I've ever seen (tint shift duv 0.016). I think they just picked the highest output bin possible with no regard to tint."

Last edited:

mhanlen

Enlightened
A lot of folks have posted pics/vids of their X45 and most have really bad tints. Had one on order and cancelled it, the green/purple tints are unacceptable to me. If Acebeam corrects itself and starts building some X45's with [consistently] good tints, I will buy one.

Here's maukka's review:
http://w.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?432346-Acebeam-X45-review-with-measurements-(4x-XHP70-4x-18650)

"The Acebeam X45 will be a polarizing light for sure...I for one would gladly have less output for better tint. As it is, the beam for me is too green in the hotspot and too blue in the spill."

http://budgetlightforum.com/comment/1109443#comment-1109443

"Just got the X45 in 5000 K (5035 K measured) and have some bad news. It has the worst green hotspot I've ever seen (tint shift duv 0.016). I think they just picked the highest output bin possible with no regard to tint."

Can you provide links to those videos with green and purple tints? I'd like to see them.

maukka

Enlightened
Please note that my X45 was most likely the cool white version despite the "neutral" hotspot. It's very similar to the cool white Olight X7. Mhanlen you had the real neutral if I remember correctly, which isn't so bad?

mhanlen

Enlightened
Honestly I don't see all the hate with the tints I feel like mine is perfectly acceptable. It is not the most perfect tint ever... but the horror movie greens and purples people are describing to me are waaay over the top. My video is a fairly accurate representation of how it looks outdoors. When compared to nichias yes... I can see someone nitpicking between a perfect tint. But when I hear greens and purples... I automatically think that someone is describing a video where someone has the iris and white balance set to auto. I shoot enough video to know that cameras auto white balances often are wonky and can't be relied upon to show you the tint quality. I can walk outside with my iphone and film my daughter walking around in the grass in sunlight the grass color will fluctuate under sunlight within a few seconds. Now I know that color temperature and CRI isn't constant under sunlight- but I do know that auto white balance on a camera is a no-no- and I've seen enough ugly night video of flashlight tints of lights I own- to know using that as tint reference is a mistake.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Honestly I don't see all the hate with the tints I feel like mine is perfectly acceptable. It is not the most perfect tint ever... but the horror movie greens and purples people are describing to me are waaay over the top. My video is a fairly accurate representation of how it looks outdoors. When compared to nichias yes... I can see someone nitpicking between a perfect tint. But when I hear greens and purples... I automatically think that someone is describing a video where someone has the iris and white balance set to auto. I shoot enough video to know that cameras auto white balances often are wonky and can't be relied upon to show you the tint quality. I can walk outside with my iphone and film my daughter walking around in the grass in sunlight the grass color will fluctuate under sunlight within a few seconds. Now I know that color temperature and CRI isn't constant under sunlight- but I do know that auto white balance on a camera is a no-no- and I've seen enough ugly night video of flashlight tints of lights I own- to know using that as tint reference is a mistake.
It is soooo refreshing to see a pro level headed post. Your content and process are clear and balanced and refreshing. Your post should be made into a sticky topic. Yes, there are so many and no one sees and/or reads them, but it should be, anyway.

I was motivated to re-read your post and ample time was provided by the forum being not very celeritous.

I got mine today from Vinh, replete with .2 iteration of the emitters. Small white room ceiling bounce is sharp creamy white. White wall shows tad wee bit warm in the center, tad wee bit cool in the spill. It is exactly as I anticipated. This light is the max performer in its classification.

Last edited:

mhanlen

Enlightened
It is soooo refreshing to see a pro level headed post. Your content and process are clear and balanced and refreshing. Your post should be made into a sticky topic. Yes, there are so many and no one sees and/or reads them, but it should be, anyway. I was motivated to re-read your post and ample time was provided by the forum being not very celeritous. I got mine today from Vinh, replete with .2 iteration of the emitters. Small white room ceiling bounce is sharp creamy white. White wall shows tad wee bit warm in the center, tad wee bit cool in the spill. It is exactly as I anticipated. This light is the max performer in its classification.
Thanks... just decided to add my two cents. Moral of the story- do not trust tints or output levels on video from a camera that is using auto exposure and white balance settings.