Administrator Roy

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, Roy...ya ol' Crumudgeon! Glad to hear that you're doing better...to a lot of us that have been here for a few years, you're sort of an Icon around here. Your run-time plots were one of the first things I checked before buying a new light! Your presence has been sorely missed, and your input is always valued! Take care, my friend, and come back in "full force" when ya feel up to it...we'll keep the lights on for ya!

PJD

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
GREAT to see your post - though sorry to hear you aren't closer to home! Be strong, we're still with you as well as our thoughts & prayers. Make sure you reserve time on one of those computers and keep us informed! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Geologist

Enlightened
Prayers on the way for Roy! We wish you all the best!

[can someone print out this thread at a certain point and send it to him?]

Grox

Flashlight Enthusiast
Best wishes Roy! I sincerely hope that you can go home soon!

Already looking forward to seeing more of your curmudgeonly posts.

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Re: Administrator Roy....Update

Here is an update on my medical issues:

Prostate Cancer.....was treated with hormones and 80 radiation exposures. Latest report is that my PSA count (1 - 10) is now 0.8!! Doc said to come for a checkup in 6 months. Appears that my cancer is gone.

Kidney failure.....The kidneys were shutdown for about a month. The Doc came in and announced that I was the "recipient of a Class A Miracle".
Seems that having kidneys re-start themselves is a VERY rare event! After tha announcement they took me off of dialysis. Evidently a lot of damage was done to other organs due to the kidney shutdown. Got a call from the Nephrology doctor and was told to change one of my shots (helps produce good blood) to one every 6 weeks! When I got out of the hospital that shot was one per week, then once every 3 weeks, and now one every 6 weeks!

I'm now doing Physical Therapy 3 times a week in an effort to regain my strength and my sense of balance back.

On one hand, it's been a rotten year....but on the other hand, it seems that I've recovered from both events.

Last edited:

MicroE

Enlightened
We're glad that you're back!

So, during the radiation therapy, did you ask the x-ray technician how many Watts that darned things produces?

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
I feel 10 times better after reading that.
I am so thankful that you are doing better Roy.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Re: Administrator Roy....Update

Roy said:
...Appears that my cancer is gone.

Kidney failure.....The kidneys were shutdown for about a month. The Doc came in and announced that I was the "recipient of a Class A Miracle".
Prayers & positive thoughts ongoing!! :thumbsup:

greenLED

Flashaholic
This is excellent news, Roy!!
Now we only need Jeff to follow suit and we can end this year with HUGE celebration. :)

Dandrop

Newly Enlightened
Dammit Roy, don't scare us like that :) ! CPF needs good fellas like you. Hope you have a speedy recovery.