Advice Please

roverjohn

Newly Enlightened
I've seen worse looking lights and it's a complete kit. Look for reviews of both those batteries and the charger as they may not be the best from there so why be stuck with them. The link will disappear soon as they don't like direct links to DX here. You realize that you'll probably be using low mode most of the time and it will unlikely be low enough?

raynstacy

Newly Enlightened

StarHalo

Flashaholic
It's not 1000 lumens, and you'd better know your way around Li-ion batteries before you toy with the ones included - if you don't know what you're doing with those, they can explode with flames and toxic fumes. Sixty bucks is enough to buy a decent light, and everyone wishes they had skipped all the cheap lights in the beginning and had just gotten one or two good lights..

gcbryan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I... Sixty bucks is enough to buy a decent light, and everyone wishes they had skipped all the cheap lights in the beginning and had just gotten one or two good lights..

This is the budget forum. I doubt if everyone here wishes all their lights were at least $60.

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've not had trouble with the few Trustfire light that I own. One has really delighted me. It has five LEDs with reflectors, no optics, and it is very bright, although maybe a little blue. It been very reliable and has been my flashlight of choice for walking in dark places. The anodizing is weak, chips, scratched, but the light is bulletproof. I don't look for cheap lights very often any more, but I'm glad that I have this one.

tzt

Newly Enlightened
It's not 1000 lumens, and you'd better know your way around Li-ion batteries before you toy with the ones included - if you don't know what you're doing with those, they can explode with flames and toxic fumes. Sixty bucks is enough to buy a decent light, and everyone wishes they had skipped all the cheap lights in the beginning and had just gotten one or two good lights..

It's quite close to 1000lumens and it's properly regulated for 1-2 cells.

The risk of single cell usage is highly exaggerated. Multi-cell setups are more danger and people still stick them 2 at a time in their surefires all the time because those can't even take 1 cell.