Aftermarket turboheads

Conte

Enlightened
Hmmm, you know, there is a way, but, again, there is the discontinued brick wall.

It's funny tho, you could get one of these turbo heads:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?226585-FM3X-amp-FM3H-3-Turbo-Head-By-FiveMega

Then get a Mag-M adapter with an MN Bi-Pin adapter kit.
Then get a M to C adapter.

Then you have a 3 " turbo head on a surefire C body.
I bet you someones done it.

You can get most all those parts but the Bi-Pin kit.

A 2" turbo head like what you CAN get would be pretty kick ***.
I would assume it'd perform similar to the Fivemega Deep reflector that I have, and it's actually a really good reflector.
I have several of his turboheads/reflectors to compare to, including that 3" and the 2.5".

Funny thing is, I have an FM3X, a Mag to C adapter, and a Bi-Pin kit. If I had a C light I could totally pull it off with a cheap M-C adapter.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I get really annoyed and depressed at all these links for discontinued cool incan stuff in this forum. And all the things that could have been, but never will be.

I love coming here and reading the posts, but sometimes it's honestly really depressing.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the worst part is knowing about them back in the late 90's/early 2000's when I couldn't afford most of them. Now I can, and most are unavailable.

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yup. Was just about to pull the trigger on a nib e2e executive on Amazon for $75 and I was sold only an hour before. I think it would be a perfect edc as my 6p is a bit big in the pants pocket

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mark over at lumens factory tells me their turbo head will be coming out soon either for sale or to show it was done but not marketable. Not sure which but hopefully the former

Conte

Enlightened
I say, with that in mind. Get some of the stuff that's still for grabs.

I still can get over that new piece of Fivemega kit. It's a phenominal deal if you think about it.

I get really annoyed and depressed at all these links for discontinued cool incan stuff in this forum. And all the things that could have been, but never will be.

I love coming here and reading the posts, but sometimes it's honestly really depressing.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mark over at lumens factory tells me their turbo head will be coming out soon either for sale or to show it was done but not marketable. Not sure which but hopefully the former

Good to hear, but with the former history, I'll believe it when I see it. I know they did recently come out with their own version of the Z52 for high output lamp assemblies.