Alternate to Kroll?

moses

Enlightened
We have the Kroll body for the Arc LS but want a flush clickie instead of the protuding Kroll.

A Japanese gentleman posted an example about 2 months back. Anyone else have any idea of what switch could fit in place of the Kroll so that it is flush with the body and can stand up on the bottom?

Surely with a fanatic group like this there will be plenty of suggestions.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks in advance.

Mo

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast
that is a ram tailcap switch... Past that I don't know a thing about them. might do a search with ram in the title

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mr Bulk and a number of others can tell you all about Ram tailcaps.

The general concensus seems to be: /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Ram is one option but I think he's referring to a homemade one that someone posted.
If I remember it was built from a Coleman Lantern keyring light.

moses

Enlightened
Thanks. GJW, yes that is the Coleman lantern, although not the key ring.

Can't see myself getting a lantern just to get the switch.

Does the RAM just screw into the segment where the Kroll would also and be flush with the Arc LS cap?

Thanks,
Mo

Slick

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have had worse luck with the Ram switches than even the Krolls. However, my sample rate for these units is extremely small... I've owned 3, and 2 of the 3 went bad after very limited (and pampered) use.

In an attempt to answer Moses question (I don't have an ARC LS) the Ram is not nearly as "tall" when screwed in (to a minimag) as the Kroll is..

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
The RAM will not be flush but it will protrude maybe 1/8" compared to the Kroll's 1/4".