Alternative HA-Natural 18650 P60 Host

akula88

Enlightened
A P60 host question (again) :

* Considering the difficulty of obtaining SF C2 and have it bored for 18650,
what are my alternatives for an HA-Natural P60 host?

- Some says look for Solarforce L2.
- Oveready is seemly no longer releasing their P60 bodies in HA-Natural
- Lumens Factory - Pineapple 6PP/3PP

Anyone else? My preference would have been an bored C2, but this has become and expensive route.

akula88

Enlightened
I actually have an LF E2-body hosting a P60 via E2C.
DSCF9842e_640.jpg

yazkaz

Flashlight Enthusiast
But this is no longer available, I mean the body. :)

Also -- how does you finish compares with the SF Z44 and Z41-HA-Natural tint -- both the grayish and the ODish tint variation?
It's hard to compare the OD finish. Exactly what OD shade/color is being yielded depends on both the substrate quality and the anodize process. This can be controlled though, albeit at very high precision during the workflow.

As for SF, they didn't always go for Type 3 Hard Clear (OD) but instead colored Type 3 to mimic the OD shade, so I've been informed.

In the past I've sent out SF parts for third-party reanodize (HAIII only). For Hard Clear (OD) results do vary depending on batch. Generally late-batch parts can achieve a very nice OD with a slight gold/yellow tint, while the earlier-batch parts can achieve slightly paler OD (less gold/yellowish tint) but at worse, you can end up with very pale grey which is unacceptable and that those parts concerned will have to be redone in (Type 3) Hard Black.

yazkaz

Flashlight Enthusiast
A P60 host question (again) :

* Considering the difficulty of obtaining SF C2 and have it bored for 18650,
what are my alternatives for an HA-Natural P60 host?

- Some says look for Solarforce L2.
- Oveready is seemly no longer releasing their P60 bodies in HA-Natural
- Lumens Factory - Pineapple 6PP/3PP

Anyone else? My preference would have been an bored C2, but this has become and expensive route.
Given the current situation you don't want to procure a C2 host and have it bored. It's high risk and may devalue the item fast. And then of course there's the risk of having a botched bore job which will destroy the C2 host completely.

As for your other choices:
- Solarforce: OK as a work light host, but not recommended;
- Oveready: low CP. Also they've stopped doing modded SF parts and that all they now offer are those expensive Boss series hosts;
- LF: decent candidate IMO. I know LF puts a lot of effort expanding its product portfolio, so despite the price, do give it a try

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you close look at my $urefire M6 body and tail cap will notice color tone difference.
Clear type III anodize may result different tone which depends on percentage of other metals (such as Nickel) even within spec in aluminum alloy and this will effect parts from different batch.
Obviously they don;t make body and tail cap from same batch.

Also temperature of part, tank and electolite during process may result color tone difference.
Last thing I can mention is surface of parts.
Smooth and shiny part surface will result different look than rough surface.

Last edited: