America is under attack

Status
Not open for further replies.

chalo

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
PlayboyJoeShmoe said:
No WAY will I ever forget! I saw high resolution stills of people holding hands and jumping.

All those people were my 'brothers' and 'sisters'. I shall NEVER forget!

[/ QUOTE ]

I ask a question of you in all sincerity:

Why were people you didn't know at the WTC that day your "brothers and sisters" in a way that the Iraqi and Afghan civilians who have been killed by other American airplanes are not?

Please try to see just what I'm asking and not read too much into my question. I don't see this as a political issue per se, and I don't want or expect a political reply. It's more of a "way of seeing" difference that I think could contain a valuable lesson if I can make sense of it.

I really want to understand. Your emotions seem genuine to me, so perhaps you would be willing to explain. TIA.

Chalo Colina

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
War is a *****! Innocent civilian victims are an unintentional byproduct. Can you say the same re 9/11?

Larry ('Nam 68-69)

Empath

Flashaholic
This thread is one that was started in the aftermath of a terrible and unforgettable event. It should be preserved and archived in CPF as it was, not reopened in order for people to argue, flame one another and accuse one another of a lack of compasion and rememberence.

It's closed to preserve what remains of the spirit of it's intention.

Status
Not open for further replies.