Andúril 2 UI

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
if this is the original twisty then yes. I actually really enjoy twisties lately. Too bad they are discontinued. I'd like to try one
IMG_8194.jpeg

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
if this is the original twisty then yes. I actually really enjoy twisties lately. Too bad they are discontinued. I'd like to try oneView attachment 42439

That's the Quark Mini AA. They do still make an RCR123 Mini, but there have been QC issues that I'm unsure if they have been fixed.

The original Quark Tactical I refer to has a rear switch and 2 programmable levels, one accessed with the head fully tightened and the other with the head slightly loosened. To program it, you tighten and loosen the head rapidly 10 times, ending with the head tightened or loosened depending on which you want to program. 4Sevens (Fenix as well) had to discontinue their lights that featured a head tighten/loosened based UI because Surefire has a patent on that kind of operation. Surefire's Tactician currently uses that UI.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
fwiw, the Eagletac D3a and D25a also have an option to twist the head to switch from turbo of about 170 lumens, using Eneloop., to a programmed low of either 0.4 or 6 lumens.

The light also works on LiIon which raises Turbo to over 500 lumens, and the low mode to either 4 or 30 lumens.

when the head is tight, the light turns on to turbo. when the head is loose the light turns on to low mode. the modes can also be switched by twisting the head while the light is on.

the Eagletac AA is one of the thinnest AA lights available, it is only 17.3mm diameter, and has an excellent screwed on pocket clip.

The Titanium D3a is available with a High CRI SST-20.

The D25a aluminium model is available with a 219c LED

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
fwiw, the Eagletac D3a and D25a also have an option to twist the head to switch from turbo of about 170 lumens, using Eneloop., to a programmed low of either 0.4 or 6 lumens.

The light also works on LiIon which raises Turbo to over 500 lumens, and the low mode to either 4 or 30 lumens.

when the head is tight, the light turns on to turbo. when the head is loose the light turns on to low mode. the modes can also be switched by twisting the head while the light is on.

the Eagletac AA is one of the thinnest AA lights available, it is only 17.3mm diameter, and has an excellent screwed on pocket clip.

The Titanium D3a is available with a High CRI SST-20.

The D25a aluminium model is available with a 219c LED

Illumination Gear has the aluminum D25a with the high CRI SST-20 (I forget, are links allowed here?)

I'm honestly baffled as to how Eagtac has managed to avoid Surefire's wrath, but that's probably a story for another thread.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love Anduril 1 specifically the sunset mode, in sunset the light dims over a period of 1hr and then turns off. I use it about every night near bedtime listening to music or audiobooks, it helps relax and go to sleep. In Anduril 1 to access Sunset from off you click 3 times and then click 2 times and your in sunset mode, easy especially after you do it a few times.

Now about Anduril 2 I've not upgraded to it because Sunset mode being my favorite mode does not seem so appealing. From what I see in the Anduril 2 diagram to access Sunset you have to click 5 times and hold and then one blink gets you only 5 minutes keep holding and each additional blink adds 5 more minutes.

With Anduril 2 just to get 1hr of sunset I would have click 5x then hold for 12 blinks, no thanks. Why not 30 minutes of additional time per blink. Seems like at least the sunset mode in Anduril 2 took a step backwards.

For those familiar with Anduril 2 am I missing anything with the Sunset mode seems self explanatory in the diagram?

Then you're the only one, because it is an all too common complaint among Andúril2 users.

Nope. Doesn't happen to me either. I have at least 6 Anduril lights of various sizes. I get one of my 26 Zebralights into strobe by accident more often than I get lost in Anduril. Anduril users tend to be experimental and maybe that's what's happening with the complainers. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nope. Doesn't happen to me either. I have at least 6 Anduril lights of various sizes.

This theme just keeps popping up. Just curious if you realize whether or not you've ever seen a kangaroo has little bearing on whether they exist or not.

Anduril users tend to be experimental and maybe that's what's happening with the complainers.

Probably not. I'm not entirely certain, but it probably has something to do with the complexity and there only being a single button to access the UI. Few have memorized every single function of Andúril 2 and how to access it.

If you're curious in researching...
Well, here's some examples of that,

This theme just keeps popping up. Just curious if you realize whether or not you've ever seen a kangaroo has little bearing on whether they exist or not.

Probably not. I'm not entirely certain, but it probably has something to do with the complexity and there only being a single button to access the UI. Few have memorized every single function of Andúril 2 and how to access it.

If you're curious in researching...

I've seen a kangaroo. My point is that "you're not the only one" (your statement) isn't true. You can find tons of posts from folks who can't manage to program Zebralight as well. But in general use it takes a bit of work to get lost in Anduril or Zebralight.

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can find tons of posts from folks who can't manage to program Zebralight as well.
[Citations needed]

6qr0j93_d.webp

DHdYfxI_d.webp

No one is suggesting one interface is better than the other. This is not a contest. But it should be obvious that one is far more complex and has far more functionality when both have precisely one way to interact with the interface. To suggest they are equally complex and the number of users that come across issues with each is equivalent is ludicrous on its face. Some, however, have a tendency of bias towards what they prefer, lose all objectivity, and suddenly there is a tribal instinct for a fight to the death if anyone dares to criticize. Please relax. It's nothing personal. To each his his own. I use both every single day, and neither of them can hold a candle to the foolproof interface of a single mode forward clicky. No one ever gets tripped up with that.

Last edited:
[Citations needed]

6qr0j93_d.webp

DHdYfxI_d.webp

No one is suggesting one interface is better than the other. This is not a contest. But it should be obvious that one is far more complex and has far more functionality when both have precisely one way to interact with the interface. To suggest they are equally complex and the number of users that come across issues with each is equivalent is ludicrous on its face. Some, however, have a tendency of bias towards what they prefer, lose all objectivity, and suddenly there is a tribal instinct for a fight to the death if anyone dares to criticize. Please relax. It's nothing personal. To each his his own. I use both every single day, and neither of them can hold a candle to the foolproof interface of a single mode forward clicky. No one ever gets tripped up with that.

Face it, you suck at Anduril and I'm great at it. You also suck at reading comprehension. You are the one who's posting in absolutes and pretending I'm saying things I'm not. No wonder you get lost in Anduril. Calm down. Press-hold-release = brighter. Press-hold-release = dimmer. Tap = off. :)