Anodisers in Sydney, Australia

balrog

Enlightened
Can anyone recommend where I can get high quality hard anodising done in the Sydney area? Even if it's in Newcastle or Wollongong I'd be happy to make the journey.

Thanks,
Jeff.

balrog

Enlightened
The same thing that I've had I'm my sleeve since September last year. Unfortunately I've been out of the country a lot and haven't got much done at all. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Pila_Power

Enlightened
Y pages is good but it's better IMO at least to get a verbal reference from someone. That way you can be assured of workmanship and attitude too.

balrog

Enlightened
Yep, I really only want to go with a mob that I can get a reliable verbal reference from.

The only place I have found in Sydney that do hard anodising of small parts is a place called Finished Products. When I dropped off a batch of stuff they said that they could do a hard anodise in a bronze colour. When I came back from overseas after expecting the job to be finished, I called them up they said that they couldn't do HA bronze. I just went to pick up the parts from them and discovered that they did most of it in HA black instead. Also, the bunch of parts that were meant to be done in HA black were ruined due to crappy anodising and multiple attempts to strip and redo. They never apologised but did say I could have the work they just did for free. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Needless to say I am extremely angry with them now and will never use them again. I'm sure they don't want me to come back either because they are very embarrassed. What annoys me the most is that I had them do some sample hard anodising in various colours on test pieces right at the beginning and the quality was excellent. When it came to doing an entire batch it seems like they rushed them as much as possible despite the fact that I said I would pay more if necessary to ensure that the quality was high.

So, as it turns out I don't even have the parts available anymore to get anodised. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Pila_Power

Enlightened
What a crock of Shiv!! I'd get very pi$$ed off if it were me...

Sorry to hear about this, my local guy is a one man band pretty much and has offered to do a few small jobs for me for next to nothing.

I hope you find a good bloke like my guy Balrog! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif