• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired *Anodized McGizmo clips*

theslippyslug

Enlightened
I'm going to order a tripod hole clip from the Master and I'll have it shipped to you. I'd love one just like number 3 please!
These are really great looking! I Love little splashes of color!

Thanks!
Glad you like them!

I think rather than people placing orders for individual clips and getting them shipped to me it's better to just drop me a pm or post here to say you might be interested in a clip from the next batch - then I can get an idea of how many clips to order and it keeps things simple when ordering from Don. I now know of a few people who are interested and its going to be more efficient if I just order a bigger batch

Clip 2 has been polished and will be available in another guise soon
Clip 6 is withdrawn - it now lives on my Makai
Clip 7 is available

:D

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Matt,

Sorry I have not got back to you about my clip...been a little busy! Should I still order my own plus screws and send it to you, or leave it for you to take care of in your next order? I'd assume you are still not ordering screws so I need to grab my own. Or is this not the case now?

Let me know what your intentions are.

Cheers,

- Matt

Thanks!
Glad you like them!

I think rather than people placing orders for individual clips and getting them shipped to me it's better to just drop me a pm or post here to say you might be interested in a clip from the next batch - then I can get an idea of how many clips to order and it keeps things simple when ordering from Don. I now know of a few people who are interested and its going to be more efficient if I just order a bigger batch

Clip 2 has been polished and will be available in another guise soon
Clip 6 is withdrawn - it now lives on my Makai
Clip 7 is available

:D

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Matt
No problem
Leave it to me, I will get some with screws in this batch!

SWEET! I'm not lazy, I swear.

If you come up with one close to as described previously in PM's, then I shotgun it!!! (Does that term hold up in the UK? If not I might have some explaining to do lol). Consider is SPF the moment it's finished.

Old style = $49 + shipping? Or more because of the screws?

mohanjude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Matt I prefer the Titanium 2mm mushroom head screws which are metric and slightly smaller if you are tapping the holes yourself or using in Kuku tubes. However if the screws are going into previously tapped holes on a Mac or Mcgizmo then it is best to get the imperial screws from the original clip supplier.

JAYKAY75

Newly Enlightened
Quick question everyone, I tried to change the clip with the hex tools I got at hand but none worked, do you know what exact tool I need?
Might also be a metric/inch problem, I'll go to the hardware store later today and if I can't find one that fits perfectly I will have to order online I guess :)

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Quick question everyone, I tried to change the clip with the hex tools I got at hand but none worked, do you know what exact tool I need?
Might also be a metric/inch problem, I'll go to the hardware store later today and if I can't find one that fits perfectly I will have to order online I guess :)

It seems you and I have the same interests in upgrading our lights JayKay :) Taken from the actual clip sales thread here:

I realized after the fact that I should add a comment about the clip screws in this thread. The screws I use are #4-40x 3/16" 6-4 titanium which I get from Lunsford Racing. You need a good 1/16" hex driver to install and remove the screws. After having less than ideal success with drivers I had on hand I contacted Lunsford and asked them for recommendations. They told me to get a MIP Thorpe hex driver and that is what I have been using.

The whole function of these screws is to keep the clip securely attached to the light and not come loose under any circumstances. They perform this function well and almost to a fault when one wants to remove the screws. I can get significant torque with the Thorp driver and unfortunately this means you need a driver of equal grip to remove the screws. A standard hex driver can easily slip and spin in the head.

theslippyslug

Enlightened
yeah you do need a pretty good hex driver... you can't buy the MIP Thorpe one over here in the UK so I use one by EDS that I bought from an RC Model shop and that works just fine :)

JAYKAY75

Newly Enlightened
Thanks so much for the info guys, I will try to locate any of the 2 you mentioned next week. Will take that information & the light to some shops around town and see what I can get :)

yeah you do need a pretty good hex driver... you can't buy the MIP Thorpe one over here in the UK so I use one by EDS that I bought from an RC Model shop and that works just fine :)

It seems you and I have the same interests in upgrading our lights JayKay :) Taken from the actual clip sales thread here:

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Matt,

I'm still interested in the one we discussed via PM - I'm just not sure if I was waiting on you to make it so I could see it, or if you were waiting on me to pay?

HOWEVER I am interested in a second one as well, and this time I have a clip. It's with Barry at Precisionworks at the moment being attached to a V10r, I'm just not sure on an ETA for it's arrival in my hands. I will be less picky with the V10's clip however so I'll wait and see what you come up with in a second run before trading my clip over (once I get it of course).

Thanks,

- Aussie Matt

theslippyslug

Enlightened
don't worry Matt - I've got your order covered and a couple of other members! Just trying to establish how many to order in addition!

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks so much for the info guys, I will try to locate any of the 2 you mentioned next week. Will take that information & the light to some shops around town and see what I can get :)

Try Ebay. There are a couple of sellers who stock the 1/16th MIP Thorpe driver
and ship for a reasonable cost.

PM send ;)

JAYKAY75

Newly Enlightened
Try Ebay. There are a couple of sellers who stock the 1/16th MIP Thorpe driver
and ship for a reasonable cost.

PM send ;)

Thank you so much for your answer, unfortunately my impatient personality took over and when I did not find the MIP on Ebay within 10 seconds I ordered it on MIP online and payed a lot of shipping, but I told myself that buying this tool in switzerland would at least cost as much anyway :) Next time I will try to be a little more patient :)

PM replied ;)

Last edited: