Any EDCable headlights?

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are there any headlights that have a belt clip, fit nicely into a holster, or something like that? If so, which ones, and if not, any ideas why?

TMorita

Enlightened
When I need to carry mine around, I put it in a cheap Target/Wal-mart "digital camera" hip-mount case.

Toshi

Flash_Gordon

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Princeton Tec EOS fits nicely in a Ripoffs CO-113H . This is really a pager holder that opens horizontally. Many of the compact headlights should fit in similar or cellphone pouches.

Mark

Uncle Bob

Enlightened
Petzl makes a pouch for their 3 AAA lights with a velcro closure. Just wrap the headband around the light and stick it in. They're available at REI. I have one each for my Tikka XP and Tikka Plus. I also stash my PT Eos in the same pouch. Since the lights are practiaclly the same size you can cram almost any of those lights in there. There's no dedicated belt loop but the velcro can wrap around a belt if it had to.

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
Fluffster said:
If you don't mind looking slightly dorky, just leave it on your head!:D
Or if it's just the one band, just wear it around your neck - when I'm camping, that's what I do. :shrug:

paulr

Flashaholic
Most small 3aa lights will fit ok into a digicam-type belt pouch. The Zipka might be the least cluttered.

If you want something absolutely tiny and if you wear a cap or have one available, the Countycomm SOLED is about the ultimate, and is cheap. My mini-review is here.

NamTinker

Newly Enlightened
Or you can go back to basics and use the original MiniMag type headband strap with the side loop and fit the EDC of your choice. A Fenix PiD fits comfortably in the loop, . A loop takes no space, so you can velcro it over your belt, around your wrist (a few times), your pocket...

Illum

Flashaholic
Petzl headlamps should be EDCable with minimal troubles...
EDC as ED[Pocket]C or ED[Head]C?

If you have long hair, you could just wear it and not get stares:grin2:

mrme

Enlightened
I carried an BD Ion in my pocket for a few months. The strap was wraped up with verclo. The thing is I only used it as a handheld and never put it on as a headlmap, so I just went back to my regular keychain light.

If I were to carry a headlamp everywhere, though, I would proabably make it a Petzl Zipka since the strap stows so nicely.

Dutch

Enlightened
My Petzl Myo XP fit's nicely in a lot of small camera cases and various camping type pouches...

I would think this would be the case for most headlamps.

beautifully-stupid

Newly Enlightened
+1 on the zipka. I guess "how often" you plan on using it is another question. Battery life may become an issue with the e-lite if you plan on regular use, but it is a nice EDC set up.

DaveG

Enlightened
Just got the Petzl,Adapt system today from Brightguy.It lets you switch a Tikka style light,from a belt clip to a hard hat,to a head band.