Any Good Smaller EDC XHP 70 Flashlights?

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was wondering if there are any reasonably priced smaller EDC flashlights that use the XHP 70 LED, that is also a quality brand?

I saw Imalent has the LD70, but that has an internal battery,....so once the battery looses its ability to charge, the light is no good.

Thanks for any input.

3_gun

Enlightened
I like my Emisar D1 with the XHP70.3@4k/K, 90 CRI & an orange peel reflector. I use it often as an EDC/GP light. A smooth reflector would add a bit to throw but the loss of "flood" the OP brings would hurt in my usual use. With a magnetic tail cap + pocket clip it would total about $50 today

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've looked around and it is a bit hard to find these. Only found one....on Ebay....but only color temp they have is 6500K. ~$75

Is that good? I'd prefer ~5000K, but not finding one of those.

Also,....it doesn't look like an XHP70 from the image on the listing:
1688307489988.png

Found another listing,....but all they had was 1800K!!! That is going to be really orange, I'd assume.

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
3_gun, do those come with a standard battery tube?

Updated...disregard. I see the answer. Thanks for the link!

Last edited:

Jean-Luc Descarte

Enlightened
Convoy is an option. With the added benefit of being able to pick from a huge selection of color temperatures.

If you don't like 21700, the XHP70 fits in the M series like the M1 or M2, and may fit in the S series like the S2+, S3 or S6 as well, though that warrants checking with Simon.

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks guys. I went ahead and decided to get something from Hank. Appreciate all the helpful advice and links. :)

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
So, I got my Emisar D1 in the mail today. Hank does some really nice work! I got the one with the basic 18650 cell.

Problem is,........it appears that this light won't accept the typical 18650 that is ~69mm in length,...but requires the flat top 65mm cell. I'm having a hard time finding one. I only see unprotected cells "harvested from new battery packs".

I pulled the cell from my Lumintop FW3A, but I'm going to need a cell for this Emisar. Suggestions? Links...if you have one?

Thank you!

SYZYGY

Enlightened
Problem is,........it appears that this light won't accept an atypical 18650 that is ~69mm in length,...but requires a normal cell.

ftfy

look at NCR18650GA – the gold standard of 18650 unless you need more current. i don't think you do, but you could ask hank if in doubt.

here is one vendor:

i feel like 75% of my posts on this forum are "buy a ZL" or "buy a NCR18650GA" 🤔

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks guys!

I do have to say,...reading the warnings on these cells makes them a bit scary. Just being honest.

Last edited:

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just keep a watchful eye on your cells, and like 3_gun said don't do anything stupid. Such as set up in middle of living room for ceiling bounce and then walk away

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm very careful with things like this. They are either in the flashlight, setting by themselves, or in a Nitecore charger. I guess that's me "not doing anything stupid".