Any new pocket rockets

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think I heard it uses a lame proprietary battery... not sure if that ruins its potential or not, but I'm not sure there would be much purpose in modding it due to heat problems... even if he could pump 4,000 out of it, it would last mere seconds if that before you char-grill your hand or oven mitt. Most people who buy headlamps are doing so for the versatility during actual work uses... incredibly rare would it be to need 2k+ lumens for a close up work task.

... But I could be very wrong. Anyways WHERE THE POCKET ROCKET THROWERS ATTTTT????? We need some 1-2k lumen 18650 throwers around or smaller than the size of the Nitecore MH20GT blasting out 100k LUX!!! I need to shock my friends with insane sky lightsaberness in ultra compact package so they can be baffled as to how its even remotely possible!!!
To get past 100K lux requires a very deep reflector. Add the battery length and springs, circuit, etc. The physics demands some length.

Glenn7

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know it doesn't do 100k but my guess is the nitecore concept 1 will be a good new pocket rocket with 1800 lumens - not a massive throw but shear grunt will give it fairly good throw for its size at 111mm long

eekazum

Flashlight Enthusiast
I said it in the nitecore sub thread but I don't like the fact you need to turn off the light to change brightness. And this being an xhp35 light, vinh can't put his driver nor swap it with damn near any other LED.

Ohh cree, why did you not make the xhp35 a 6v variant like the xhp50/70?

I also wonder what nitecore did to get 1800 lumens when zebralight only managed 1300 on their sc600iii.

Glenn7

Flashlight Enthusiast
I said it in the nitecore sub thread but I don't like the fact you need to turn off the light to change brightness.

I actually like the idea of that the light will come on at my pre-selected/default output/runtime and not having to cycle modes wondering what setting it's on now - but still having shortcuts to turbo and low. So many lights are just so fiddly these days..... click click click for this or that and as a real work tool you just want light now click on click off.
The clip I would have thought would be better up the other way (or at least offer extra thread holes for our choice) but I suppose it could be clipped to a hat - but still can't work out that switch and how it works...... looks like a hinge or it slides... duno

Last edited:

eekazum

Flashlight Enthusiast
I actually like the idea of that the light will come on at my pre-selected/default output/runtime and not having to cycle modes wondering what setting it's on now - but still having shortcuts to turbo and low. So many lights are just so fiddly these days..... click click click for this or that and as a real work tool you just want light now click on click off.
The clip I would have thought would be better up the other way (or at least offer extra thread holes for our choice) but I suppose it could be clipped to a hat - but still can't work out that switch and how it works...... looks like a hinge or it slides... duno

Yeah, you might be right. I probably shouldn't hate on a ui I haven't even tried. As for the clip, I keep some of my tiny lights set that way because they clip to my pocket and it's easier to tell if it accidentally turned on.

I think EVERYONE is in the dark about how that switch functions. I'll bet it's a trick of some sort... Like the entire head is actually hard rubber and there is a button underneath that pivot/slide looking thing.

eekazum

Flashlight Enthusiast
All that it takes to get 1800 lumens is to write a one, then eight, followed by 2 zeros. LOL

We'll see after a few testers measure it.

Lmao, true that! Or perhaps it really was 1300 but someone misread the 3 for an 8 while making the banners.

recDNA

Flashaholic
I'd like a small pocket light that could get me 25k cd from a head 2cm or less in diameter (for comfort in pocket.) Zebralight 62 is the ideal size imo but I know it can't be modded. Just giving a size sample. The Convoy is too big.

Glenn7

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd like a small pocket light that could get me 25k cd from a head 2cm or less in diameter (for comfort in pocket.) Zebralight 62 is the ideal size imo but I know it can't be modded. Just giving a size sample. The Convoy is too big.
So when you find a light that bends physics of today's technology let me know coz I want one too :naughty:

gsteve

Enlightened
I know it doesn't do 100k but my guess is the nitecore concept 1 will be a good new pocket rocket with 1800 lumens - not a massive throw but shear grunt will give it fairly good throw for its size at 111mm long

i have this... the switch is terrible. Its the light that sits by the back door. The brightness and beam is quite good but the switch is a joke.

t