Any reports about the UJC B-6 from Kaidomain

Jumi

Enlightened
That XJC B8 looks better than B6, nice tailcap and body, but it's only 1 stage.

The reason I bought B-6 is 2-stage switch and Q2 led.

Nerdgineer: Have you measured circuit efficiency?

Juha

stonehold

Newly Enlightened
That's a nice looking like and I'm tempted, but it says "Supet Bright" right on it. I know it's just a letter, it has no affect on function, but it says "Supet Bright" right on it. "Supet". I dunno, I make 10 typos a minute but not in paint. Is it me?

cm64

Newly Enlightened
That's a nice looking like and I'm tempted, but it says "Supet Bright" right on it. I know it's just a letter, it has no affect on function, but it says "Supet Bright" right on it. "Supet". I dunno, I make 10 typos a minute but not in paint. Is it me?

Who knows - maybe if this is corrected in the next batch these will become collectors items :sssh:

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
...Nerdgineer: Have you measured circuit efficiency?
I've estimated based on bits and pieces of data. I'm assuming Kai's runtime curve for it is correct. That's slightly better than the L1P curve off a similar nimh. My B8 measures %170 the output of an original L1P, suggesting that the B8 is putting out near twice the total light driving a LED of about twice the efficiency, i.e. that it has a circuit efficiency close to the L1P's which is one of the best.

It also beats the single level C3 which goes about 90 min to 50% off a 2000 mah nimh (should be better than 120 min for the B8, extrapolating from Kai's curve); and my C3 single level has about the same output as the B8 in my own lightbox measurement, so the B8 is about 30% more efficient than the C3.

Near as I can figure, the B8 also beats the Romisen G2 in efficiency by more than a FACTOR of 3. This is based on Bessiebennie's review which shows the single level C3 generating more than twice the total output of the G2 from one nimh (56 vs. 25) while drawing 25% less current, i.e. being about 2.5 X as efficient. My own measurements of my G2 and C3 confirm this ratio, BTW.

Add the 30% higher efficiency I got for the G8 and you have an efficiency ratio between the B8 and G2 of about 3.3 X!

There's some slop in those comparisons, but I think the point is clear. As I said, I think the B8 is an efficiency champ and - with it's pretty nice build quality - stands head and shoulders above the crowd for under $15 (or even under $20) 1AA lights.

BTW, I haven't tried the B8 with a 14500 battery because: 1) I don't own one, and 2) I don't believing in exceeding specs (feel too stupid when things blow...:drool:).

Last edited:

tychoseven

Newly Enlightened
I ordered one each from DX and KD back in mid January, due to my confusion about what batteries they ran on. The DX light took 2 weeks, and my KD light hasn't arrived yet. I'd say pay the extra $2 and get it from DX.

Xak

Enlightened
Hmmm, I just ordered 2 of them the other day. It says they are in stock and ready for shipping within 2 days IIRC. Hope I'm not waiting forever.

Oh well, I have too many light for now anyway, when they do show up it will be a pleasant surprise.

Mr_Light

Enlightened
I have EDCed a B6 for a couple of months now and am very happy with it. Simple and dependable (once I tightened the loose switch). For me the Low-Hi-Off UI is the best.