Any Surefire Z-series addicts out there?

id30209

Flashlight Enthusiast
19ba9c37f5792b724656c498f7998f18.jpg
a5ea38ab4feb0306de4a6ba74eaec652.jpg
58b2fafbebdb257dd14e552cd1623e96.jpg

Monocrom

Flashaholic
You know you've been in this hobby for FAR too long when you can't remember what you have anymore. Awhile back in this topic, I mentioned the SureFire G2Z MV being my first ever Z series light. Yeah, oops! No.

I do have a classic 9Z with the traditional bezel. Had it for a few years. Just honestly forgot. :eek:

ven

Flashaholic
:fail:

:faint:...............you cant have a light like that and forget, instant :banned:

Pics to make it up:poke:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
:fail:

:faint:...............you cant have a light like that and forget, instant :banned:

Pics to make it up:poke:

Oooo.... It's somewhere behind me in one of the far too numerous storage bins. It's going to take me awhile to find it. Even more embarrassing. :duh2:

kamagong

Newly Enlightened
I lucked onto a Z2 at a good price. Should be here on Tuesday. Now I'm on the lookout for a G2Z. Thanks for nothing guys! lovecpf

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast
kamagong,
I think that you will enjoy the G2Z also, when you finally get one. I actually prefer it to the Z2, mainly because of the fact that it does not transfer cold to the hands the way that aluminum does, and the way that the nitrolon feels on the inside edges of my fingers when held in a cigar grip. Hard to describe that tactile sensation exactly, but I like it better. Nitroz did a fantastic job on a "G3Z" that he made for me, also. He does wonderful work.

kamagong

Newly Enlightened
Anything is possible, but I much prefer my 6Ps to my G2. I have to say though, I'm finding it harder to find a G2Z than a Z2.

kamagong

Newly Enlightened
Received yesterday. This one I can use without hesitation, unlike my minty Z2 with box and papers.

46734143644_dcac38ac23_c.jpg

The only problem is that I now have more hosts than drop-ins.

ven

Flashaholic
Congrats, glad you found one, sure not that easy these days. I got lucky a while back in the UK, cant quite remember how much i paid..............more than £60 though.

I dont use mine that much after using in work for a few months. Much prefer over the G2 for the design and feel in hand.

kamagong

Newly Enlightened
Thanks. I agree about the G2s. I appreciate them, I've had a half-dozen in various flavors, but this G2Z immediately supplanted them in terms of preference. Unfortunately, the premium they commanded over the G2 when new remains in place. G2Zs, when they can be found, are still significantly more expensive than G2s.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I just scored on a pretty nice 9Z. Always wanted one when they first came out but couldn't afford it back then. Now I'm debating as to run it incandescent with either a P90,HO-9. Or been seriously thinking of dropping a M61W in her. Decisions decisions

RichardWad

Newly Enlightened
Just got a G2ZMV and love it, but I didnt pay attention to the specs to realize it's significantly smaller than the G2 or G2.

I'm still trying to find a method to either:
pocket carry (using a pocket clip), or
custom kydex outside-waistband or kydex inside the waistband carry.

RichardWad

Newly Enlightened
I have and love the G2ZMV, but do not have a carry method for it (pocket clip, duty holster, or concealed kydex holster) due to its nonstandard size. It's very cute and small compared to the 6P/G2 Surefire standard

Have a G2ZX coming in the mail...and fortunately carry solutions exist for it. Wish it had the MaxVision beam though [emoji846].