Any Way To Pick A Fake?

ven

Flashaholic
I would say a little early for fakes but you never know,till you get the product it would be hard to tell.
Inside you get a card

But again until you have the charger you cant say 100%

TEEJ

Flashaholic
The real ones have a peel off anti-counterfeit sticker IIRC....its labeled Scratch Inquiry.

Of course, a PIC on eBay doesn't always match what they sent you, they could copy past a pic of a real one into the ad for example.

So, the ad can say or show every thing that the real one would, and, as Ven pointed out, until you GET it, you just don't know WHAT will actually arrive in the mail.

I THINK that the listed seller is legit though, unless its a seller who cloned another seller's screen name, etc.

:D

Last edited:

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Simples they are cheap enough to buy from a proper vendor and you can claim your cpf discount as well.If you constantly have to worry about fakes the flea is not for you.

Mr Whippy

Newly Enlightened
I don't constantly worry about fakes, I am just trying to avoid one. Living in Australia often makes buying from vendors very expensive due to us being ripped off on postage.

I will have a look though. Being a newbie can you point me in the right direction of where to look.

Also, how does cpf discount work?

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't constantly worry about fakes, I am just trying to avoid one. Living in Australia often makes buying from vendors very expensive due to us being ripped off on postage.

I will have a look though. Being a newbie can you point me in the right direction of where to look.

Also, how does cpf discount work?

First of all you are not being ripped off on postage but i understand you can find it expensive.I have just completed a simple search and found an Australian vendor that sells some nice kit and offers free postage on orders over $99,buy off there site prices look ok to me as links are not allowed a simple search will get you there,free gift with every order as well.

cpf discount is simple search for the list and use the code when paying.

Mr Whippy

Newly Enlightened
First of all you are not being ripped off on postage but i understand you can find it expensive.I have just completed a simple search and found an Australian vendor that sells some nice kit and offers free postage on orders over $99,buy off there site prices look ok to me as links are not allowed a simple search will get you there,free gift with every order as well.

cpf discount is simple search for the list and use the code when paying.

I think I found the Au vendor you are referring to. I have just rang them and they told me that VP2 is not yet available in Australia.

cloggy

Newly Enlightened
I have bought a number of items including chargers from the seller you highlight.
They are mentioned quite regularity on the forum and are respected.
I usually buy from their retail shop in HK post to the UK takes 2-3 weeks,,,.
Their customer service, which I have used once, is excellent.

Mr Whippy

Newly Enlightened
Thanks cloggy. I went ahead and ordered a Vp2 charger. As I have not yet received it, it is reassuring to hear your comment.

It is due between tomorrow and the following Friday. I am hoping sooner as my new Fenix Tk75 arrived two days ago and being my first torch with 18650's I don't yet have a charger

I am like a kid that has been given a new toy but told that I can't play with it.

Mr Whippy

Newly Enlightened
It arrived today and it is ridgidij, and although this is my first charger(just starting out) I love it!