Anyone else have any flare guns/launchers?

wyager

Flashlight Enthusiast
So, being a fan of anything that emits light, I have not been able to avoid picking up a few flare launching devices. I currently own both a tru-flare pen flare launcher, with a few red flare and noise signal rounds, as well as an orion flare pen with 100% waterproof marine flares. Anyone else have any?

Melson

Newly Enlightened
Where do you buy them? I could use one for my Bug out Bag and for a while I was looking for just regular road flares but couldn't find any place that I could just buy like five of them, because I certainly don't want a box of 72 unless someone wants to split them up ;)

wyager

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ordered my tru-flare online from their USA distributor-the hazmat shipping ($30) kills you with small orders, but the quality is great. The orion plastic pen launcher was around $40, so about half the price, but the quality of the launcher is bad (the flares are great though) and it only comes with 3 flares. For $30 you can get 6 flares or whatever from tru-flare, and the launchers are in the $20 price range. You can also get kits that come with launchers and flares for cheaper.

And as trichrome said, wal-mart has 12ga plastic flares, but they're way too big to carry around in a BOB or when camping. That's where the pens excel.

Latest posts