Anyone Familiar with T.A.D GG&G TID Products?

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ahhh so. And the discussions about battery extender tubes for Wolf Eyes and Surefires belong in the... and the Ti bezels for the HDS EDCs... oh, they aren't attached by set screws onto the outside of the light?

:) Just pulling your chain. Sheesh. Just seems a bit odd that this is in a section titled "Gadgets/Non-flashlight Electronics"

Maybe it is a bit (loooong stretch) like a knife, and it is made on a lathe that is powered by electricity, and it is a gadget that fits onto the outside of an aluminum tube that may or not house a flashlight. :)

Got it!:touche::grin2:

Last edited:

Nightwatch

Newly Enlightened
I just recieved my TID this week (for the X5) and Overall I am rather happy with it. It did however leave markings on the anodized surface of the x-5. I'm not too worried about it though as I really don't ever plan on removing it.

Topper

Flashaholic*
I had one on a E2E for awhile; it did leave marks and is hard on your pocket for pocket carry added length? About 3.33 mm near as I can tell.
Topper :)

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, I put in the order and got my confirmation email yesterday. I don't think it will ever be coming off of the X5T, but at least I now know it will probably leave marks in the HA finish. Shoot, I don't think I'll ever sell this little light anyway.:grin2:

Thanks!

guncollector

Enlightened
Topper said:
I had one on a E2E for awhile; it did leave marks and is hard on your pocket for pocket carry added length? About 3.33 mm near as I can tell.
Topper :)

Ditto. That particular version linked-above will tear-up the inside of your jeans or slacks pockets. So, better plan on a different mode than pocket-carry.

The newly-designed crenelated bezels by Surefire are a better solution in my options. Aggressive enough as a pain-compliance tool, but easier on your pockets.

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
I receive that message loud-and-clear. Once this bezel goes on, it doesn't get to ride in a pocket any more.

Hey- anyone know of a decent case for the X5T that may work with this bezel?

Thanks!

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Received it last night. It is a nicely finished product. The product is first rate and the dark grey finish compliments the natural HAIII. I like it! Probably the world's most expensive X5T! :lolsign:

Modern_Major_General

Newly Enlightened
What do ypu think of the TAD T.I.C.?

I saw this TAD T.I.C. accessory http://www.tadgear.com/edged%20tools/tad_gear_t_i_c_.htm for the first time online today, and I looks like it could be a nice addition to a Fenix or Surefire light.

My question is, what do those of you who have tried it think of it? Do you have to make any serious or irreversible modifications to attach it? Also does attaching it risk any damage to the light? All it says on the website is that it uses screws :huh2: so I got no idea what to expect if I were to buy one.

Thanks for any input you have.

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got my L2T from TAD with the TIC from MMG's link. You slide the TIC over the bezel, and there's an inner ring that stops it at a certain point. You then screw the screws into the sides of the TIC, into the center of the light. The screws press into the side of the bezel and hold the TIC in place quite securely. I've heard (on this thread) that they leave a mark, but I attached the TIC onto my L2T the day my order arrived, and it's been on the light ever since.

The HA wears pretty quickly on the points and edges, but that's normal. Even with that minor gripe, though, it makes the light look extra-cool.

sgtgeo

Newly Enlightened
I got one for my new L1T and it absolutly would not fit the head!!! fit on the tailcap just fine but would not fit the head. Used a mic and its .01" too small for the head. I got it on there but only with much sanding and expanding it with a torch. But i can say its NEVER coming off lol

shao.fu.tzer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got a GG&G front sling mount for my 870. It's a very well engineered and produced piece. Very happy with my purchase. They seem like a reputable company.

Shao

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is it possible the markings on the bezel (left by the screws) will void the SF warranty?

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welll regardless of whether the screws leave any marks, I bought one on eBay for my SF 6P and it is freakin' awesome!!! The machined grooves fit on the bezel precisely, and the more I examine it the more I see how much effort was put into this tid. I can only imagine the world of hurt one could inflict with this, especially on bone... ouch.:faint:

Will post pictures soon!

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Chronos said:
I'm interested in picking up one of TAD Gear's TID bezels for my HAIII X5T. I was wondering if anyone owns one of their TID bezels and can provide any feedback on the quality, installation (is it secure? does it scratch the HAIII finish)?

http://www.tadgear.com/edged%20tools/tid.htm

Many thanks!
I have one on an X5 Black Finish. The quality is very good, install's with a .050 hex driver. 4 screw's and it's very secure. There is a
machined in step inside the bezel that rest's against the end of the light so the
screw's don't need to be real tight. You can buy an accessory kit for the old
AA maglite(rubber bezel guard and filter's) and the rubber guard fit's the GG&G
bezel nicely. The screw's will leave slight mark's on the finish but they aren't
that bad, I didn't care because it's staying on this light. Remember I'm talking
about the GG&G bezel.:)