Anyone Loving the Jetbeam RRT-0?

Gaffle

Enlightened
\

One thing I'm not so confident about is the long term reliability of Jetbeam lights. Seems to have been quite a few complaints about them, and their warranty procedures.

torches1.jpg

Like I said before, I have only owned the Jetbeam C-LE. Now that was the cheapest Jetbeam light at the time, and it worked well for about a year. The UI went funky just a few times in the end, then it went to sh*t when a battery leaked in the tube and:poof: bye bye light.

The ultimate goal is to have a multifunction light that, after awhile, looks like your 2AA mag. My Mini Mag is simple and it has outlasted every other light that I have owned. In fact the Mini Mag is always in the holster built into the side of my Typhoon. It would be great if a RRT-0 had that kind of longevity.

I made up my mind about buying this light. I want it! I'm not pulling the trigger just yet, 2 kids = expensive.

yowzer

Enlightened
The too-blue-for-my-tastes tint to the XP-G R5 in mine was offputting at first, but it's become one of my favorite lights, and I carry it at work every night, in an urban area where the tint doesn't bug me as much as it does in an environment with lots of green growing things. Quality build, great UI, lots of light, flexible battery options... great light.

Byron Walter

Enlightened
I have a version 1.0 with the funky circuit that has a hard time deciding what kind of battery is inside. But I used it for a kayak camping trip because it works so well with the Fenix headband. The control ring makes it very simple to change levels with just one hand.

Also have an RRT-0 Q3 that works just fine and will probably get a Q5 and switch the original RRT over to AAs only.

On the trip I also took an Olight M20s (I think that's the correct model). One night I used it to watch a beaver that happened to be at a considerable distance. The other folks hadn't really seen an example of a contemporary compact high-powered light and were pretty much amazed by the output. Bugs were impressed too.

kdaq

Newly Enlightened
and here's nice picture with 3 of the Raptor family (RRT-0, RRT-2, RRT-3) :D
:eek: That RRT-3 is an absolute beast!! Stock pictures don't do it justice, really gotta see it next to the rest of the family. Want! :drool::)

kkeyser

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone else noticed this with the R5?

Mine has a somewhat bluish tint, but I like the cool white tints and think people who like the warmer tints are silly. Obviously I am in a minority here on that subject.

In fact, that was one of my main concerns was the tint. I didn't want a bluish, purpleish, or greenish tint. I am not sure how others feel about their tint, but mine is what I would consider a cool white with a very minimal bluish tint. In fact, I can't even tell it is bluish if I am outside. I can only tell flashing it on a white wall.

As far as it remembering what you had it on last, I guess the answer to that would be yes and no. It will turn on the brightness level that the ring is set to. If you haven't turned it since the last time you turned it on, then it will 'remember' what level you had it on last. But you can make sure it is on low, high, or whatever with the light off and it will turn on at that level. I actually like that feature.

I thought I would like this when I got it, and when I got mine, I was terribly disappointed with my light malfunctioning. I am so glad I went with bugoutgear (I am sure there are others that sell jetbeams and have good service as well) because flavio took care of me quickly and painlessly. Since that has been fixed, this light is everything I was hoping for and more.

This light is everything I was hoping it would be an more. I simply love it.

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been really eyeing the RRT-0 also. I didn't have an easy time finding threads on it either, mostly because I think the search engine needs something with more than 3 characters, sadly many of the lights are 3 or less characters (they really should make the search engine more tailored toward CPF users).
I love the looks of the RRT-0, but it was larger (both length and diameter) and pricier than the Dereelight C2H (which also supports 123 and AA), so I picked up the C2H instead for my latest EDC. I still may pick up the RRT-0 when funds return, but it's a bit large for a 123 light (and still a bit large for a AA light). And the stock clip doesn't look very sturdy (looks like it will pop off the light leaving you with a clip attached to your pocket and a missing Jetbeam). I know the Nitecore D10 clip fits, but that's more expense. From reading around though, it's the best of the small 123/AA platform control ring lights.

kdaq

Newly Enlightened
Call me crazy, but I wish I could get the same thing without the control ring, with a few bucks knocked off the price. Really hard to find the same toughness / forward-clicky / XP-G combination in a small clipped pocket carry form-factor, and that's the real draw for me.

HIDblue

Enlightened
I've been eye-balling the RRT-0 for quite some time now, but I'm still not sure I want to shell out that kind of cash for a 1x123/1xAA light that is rather large for the form factor. It looks and, from what everyone says, sounds like a great EDC light, but I'm still on the fence. :thinking:

Bloke

Newly Enlightened
The ultimate goal is to have a multifunction light that, after awhile, looks like your 2AA mag. My Mini Mag is simple and it has outlasted every other light that I have owned. In fact the Mini Mag is always in the holster built into the side of my Typhoon. It would be great if a RRT-0 had that kind of longevity.

I agree. My 2AA mag has been to hell and back and has never let me down except for when a globe blows which is no biggy coz I always have a sapre in the tail cap. But it's just not bright enough now I've experienced the LED phenomenon.
I really do hope my other lights last as well as the mag. Especially the Fenix PD30. It really is a fantastic light and is fast becoming my all round favourite :thumbsup:

:eek: That RRT-3 is an absolute beast!! Stock pictures don't do it justice, really gotta see it next to the rest of the family. Want! :drool::)

LOL yeah it's a chunky beast, but it fits my hand perfectly and is not really as heavy as it looks.
It certainly doesn't throw anywhere near as far as Jetbeam claim though. It's pretty much game over at at distances further than 180 - 200 metres
But it has a really usable flood, and on lower settings (it has a moon mode too) it's a superb light :)

And the stock clip doesn't look very sturdy (looks like it will pop off the light leaving you with a clip attached to your pocket and a missing Jetbeam).

I've read a lot of complaints about the stock clip, but I musta got lucky with mine coz it's a perfect fit and is really firmly held.
I'd don't clip it to my belt as it fits into my front pocket nicely, the clip holding it in place.
If the clip were to come off the light would simply drop further into my pocket.
For belt carry I'd use a holster :)

Gaffle

Enlightened
BOG sells two versions of this light (based on reflector), the R5 Hybrid, or the SMO (warm only). Is the light with the SMO not the R5? This model uses a different emitter?

I have read a few posts of the R5 in the RRT-0 being too cool in color. Does that cool tint occur even when you order the warm version? I mean I know the idea is it to be warm if you purchase warm, but there are so many definitions of warm, always seems to differ depending on whose eyes are interpreting it.

lew187

Newly Enlightened
I had the RRT-0 with R5 led and this light has a big donut hole.

I returned the flashlight and told my dealer he should change the reflector to a orange peel... and now the beam is perfect.

Don't trust in smooth reflectors and R5 !!!

Kamakazikev24

Enlightened
Hi there, glad you got it sorted. Can you tell me which OP reflector your dealer put in? as I dont know which one fits. The R2 ones dont.
Thanks George.

bthrel

Newly Enlightened
I have EDC'ed one (R2 version) for about 6 months now, no issues at all, been dropped on the sidewalk several times while walking the dog, dropped in the dirt, and dropped in the sand and water at the beach with no control ring issues. And the clip has never given me the slightest issue. Great littel light with a easy straight forward UI.

YMMV

Brian

biker1

Enlightened
Formerly from NYC - Still Ruled by Commi Criminal
I have been looking at this light for over a week now. I have inquired about the RRT-0 as well as the Quark 123 Tactical R5 and other CR123A single cell lights. Everyone has been very helpful.
I was focusing on the RRT-0, but was still looking at the others, trying to find an issue with the RRT-0, and/or why the others would be a better choice. BUT I cannot find a reason not to get the JETBeam RRT-0. The price is a little steep, but not when you consider the NiteCore @ $145, but compared to the Quark @ $50, it is. But you can get the RRT-0 for around $81 bucks and that's a good deal.
I just spent over $350 on flashlights and accessories, so that is why I am hesitating right now, Nothing to do with the light, but rather justifying my money spent on multiple lights.
But that's a different topic for another thread about my flash-a-holic obsessiveness that my shrink will have to make time for :help:

lew187

Newly Enlightened
Hi there, glad you got it sorted. Can you tell me which OP reflector your dealer put in? as I dont know which one fits. The R2 ones dont.
Thanks George.

don't know... any reflector that fits to the R5 Version.

The beam is pretty good.

No donut hole, much light... I wud prefer the R5 with OP Reflektor for the RRT-0 cause the R2 led is a thrower led and a RRT-0 light is a light for pocket... it's to light up the desktop or 2 meter in front of u and so on...:welcome:

hotel

Newly Enlightened
have the RRT-0 with R5 and I would say this is one of the best light for 1xAA.

lpd226

Newly Enlightened
I got my r5 version yesterday and am pretty pleased so far. Only improvement I would make is the selector ring. I would like a more secure click between levels so there wouldn't be potential for it to accidentally be changed in the pocket.

dajab77

Newly Enlightened
I just got mine yesterday and I too, am pleased with it. I went ahead and got the adapter so I can use AA battery if needed. I really like the selector ring, it is easy to maneuver with one hand while holding it. The tailcap switch is a little spongy for lack of a better word. While resting on the tailcap it is a little wobbly. No matter, I still find it to be a good choice. I also have the Jetbeam RRT-2 Raptor Cree R5 which I really like as well.

recDNA

Flashaholic
I've read of vastly different numbers when folks have measured the amps at the tailcap of the infinitely variable R0 at the highest reading. Could some of you try that to see if we can get a consensus? I've read everything from .6 amps to 1 amp to 1.8 amps although I'm pretty sure the latter was defective.