Anyone see one like this?

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I have been getting into old incandescent lights a bit and saw this and had to have it. It's a brass 2-C sportsman. I have never seen one like this. Any information on it would be great.

Attachments

• IMG_4342.jpeg
    IMG_4342.jpeg
    395.2 KB · Views: 122

thermal guy

Flashaholic
It's certainly not for the performance!😂 I mean back in the day that's what we had and we were happy for it. Now? There really is no comparison.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Is it heavy like solid brass? I wondered if it's brass colored. Light bulb, correct? Thinking some kinda 50th anniversssary number that would have been sold in the 90's (since Sportsman began in the 40's).

Those Sportsman's and Captain's were about the best made flashlights of that era. Bright Star were too but they weren't the ginormous company like Rayovac and Eveready were so much of their products were sold at mom and pop places like gss stations or hardware stores where the other two were sold at big chain stores of the day.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Is it heavy like solid brass? I wondered if it's brass colored. Light bulb, correct? Thinking some kinda 50th anniversssary number that would have been sold in the 90's (since Sportsman began in the 40's).

Those Sportsman's and Captain's were about the best made flashlights of that era. Bright Star were too but they weren't the ginormous company like Rayovac and Eveready were so much of their products were sold at mom and pop places like gss stations or hardware stores where the other two were sold at big chain stores of the day.
good call. I just used a magnet and it sticks so must be plated.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Has anyone else noticed edit button disabled today? Works intermittently for me..
Maybe it's been known to cause cancer in California?

All of my old Rayovac and other vintage light links are broken so the only thing my search engine sends me to are 3 LED sportsman's at Amazon.

The internet was great before it tried to think for me.
RIP flashlight museum.

Last edited:

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've seen them on auction sites and at estate sales. I had a body I was gonna get modded by a guy on here years ago that modernized lights like that. Can't remember his name. Nice find!