Anyone still carrying their E1E?

Mike 208

Enlightened
Last May I bought an E1E from a local sporting goods store (don't know why I bought it, since I already had an old school E1-HA and a 1st generation E1L ["square beam" model]). For some reason, this light "called out" to me, and I carry it most every working day in my uniform shirt pocket. I quite often use it as an EDC light, and it always on my night stand. I didn't really "meld" with the E1, but I really love the E1E (as well as the E1L). I guess I'll be buying an E2E shortly before they're gone.

generic808

Enlightened
Still one of my favorite lights is an Arcmania P4 modded E2E. It's a little flamethrower that fits in the pocket!

It01Firefox

Newly Enlightened
Just yesterday I recieved my third E1E. Now I have one running a neutral Kuku tower, one with the LF EO-E1R and one with the original MN01.

I love these little lights.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just yesterday I recieved my third E1E. Now I have one running a neutral Kuku tower, one with the LF EO-E1R and one with the original MN01.

I love these little lights.

You're getting the worst end of incan in that setup, but it's still Flashiholic Nirvana! :thumbsup:

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
3.6 volt lamps are the least efficient and least bright rechargeable lamps, but that is still a really good lamp and worthy of pocket rocket status.
That's totaly wrong concept and I have seen similar comments in different threads.
It is absolutely possible to make low voltage/high current bulb that will perform well compare to same wattage but high voltage/low current bulb.

Why they don't make is because of several different problems.
Let's compare two different flashlights which are physicaly similar in size but differen voltage.
First one is a stock incan M*gCharger with 6 NiCad 1/2D (6 volt, 2.4 Ah) say 12 watt bulb. In this case current draw is 2 Amps
In this case, it's much easier to deal with 2 Amps current. Lower cost switch, less voltage drop, low cost tail spring, low cost and small diode, low cost/small wall charger, low cost/small charging cradle to charge 2.4Ah cells at 240mAh (C/10).
Second one is very similar to M*gCharger but works on 2 NiCad F size (2.4 volt, 6Ah) say 12 watt bulb. In this case current draw is 5 Amps
In this case, it's much difficult to deal with 5 Amps current. High cost switch, higher voltage drop, high cost tail spring, high cost and larger diode, high cost/large wall charger, high cost/large charging cradle to charge 6Ah cells at 600mAh (C/10).
For smaller bulbs like Strion bulb, making and accomodating huge 3.7 volt, 5 Amp fillament will be really challenge and may get too close to envelope wall, melting glass and...
Another problem is less efficient batteries when pulling higher current.
P60 bulb is 1.2 Amp bulb and runs for 60 minutes while P61 bulb is 2.4 Amp bulb and runs for only 20 minutes. As you see wattage and brightness is 2 times more while run time is 1/3

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I put together my E1E from spare parts, then bought a couple of Lumens Factory bulbs for it. (The ones that run off of one primary CR123 cell.)

The tailcap is the older, momentary, switch variety. A neat little light. But I don't EDC it. Output is less than ideal for use as a primary light, and the clip doesn't work too well since the body is so short. I like it. It was fun tracking down the additional spare parts I needed to complete it. But it's outdated in terms of practicality. Sorry.

Last edited:

Acid87

Enlightened
My E1E lives by my bed for toilet runs during the night. Always use it with the F04 diffuser to make the beam look velvety smooth.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is anyone else still EDCing their E1E? In what configuration?

Part of my backup. With a Veleno drop-in, 2 modes.

img0754rb.jpg

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like it enough to have 2, single (neutral) and dual modes (cool white). It handles heat pretty well and the most outstanding feature of the drop-in is its wide angle of even spill. Don't expect throw since the (shallow and OP) stock reflector is not designed for it.

I'm afraid I can't tell you the comparison with LF's since I've not tried them myself, which might soon rectify if I can get my hands on another E1E at a good price.

As for beamshots, here's a review.

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why did I have to read this thread! Now I feel a fever coming on, one that wants to buy an e1e.:ohgeez:

I sure do wish I had of kept my e1e and e2e winelights. :(

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just bought a Blaster, or I'd be all over those $40 E1Es. Really want the black one, too, so the HA thing is totally not a problem.

I wonder how the LX2 clip would work on the E1E for below-the-pocket carry?

JohnnyLunar

Newly Enlightened
I keep going back and forth between using the stock MN01 bulb and a 3.0V CR123A, or a LM EO-E1R with a 3.7V AW RCR123 in my E1e. I LOVE the blast of brilliant light from the EO-E1R lamp, but the little light gets very warm after about 1 minute, and the light shuts off after about 20 minutes of use.

So I keep coming back to the stock 15-lumen MN01 bulb. It's certainly not "bright" by most modern standards, but you can't help but love the 90 minute runtime and soft orange glow. I think it makes the light much more practical than the pocket-rocket EO-E1R. If I knew I had a small backup LED light on me that put out at least 100 lumens, I'd have no problem using the E1e with stock MN01 lamp as a primary EDC light. It's very classy and sophisticated.

22hornet

Enlightened
Part of my backup. With a Veleno drop-in, 2 modes.

img0754rb.jpg

Hello,
Can this Veleno kit still be bought?
I was looking for one and I think they are no longer available. Lighthound has them, but only for use in the older "teardrop" style heads.
I would very much like to have a drop-in kit that replaces only the lamp, and not the head so as the exterior remains unaltered.
Last week I bought a Lumens Factory led kit (with the special head) and I just hope it is a good choice.
I would buy a Veleno instantly, though, if still available and if it would fit in the (now) standard E1E/E2E head.

Kind regards,
Joris

Last edited:

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
They're generally sold out at all the major dealers of CPF. If I'm not wrong, more is in the making, but it's better you make such queries over at MP.