Anyone tried the eGear K2 Focus Control Plus Headlamp?

gOhAsE

Newly Enlightened
The price seems far too high. I know the HL-100 (little brother?) headlamp. That used to cost around $20 2 years ago and was called Rayovac Highbeam K2 3AA Headlight. Here is a thread about the HL-100: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/168138

LOL - you posted in the future (I guess the server's time was wrong) and now my post is above yours.

Last edited:

dblagent

Newly Enlightened
HA, funny stuff on the time issue, I was so confused for a minute! :D

Thanks very much for the thread link, it is the little brother it appears from the information. I found the light for only $35, I think that is a little more in the range for this light but I am not sure the extra "features" on the focus version makes it worth so much more when the little one can be had for $15-20 or so. Hmmm.

EDIT - holy cow, I posted the original question a full day in the future apparently! :) This thread will be hard to follow when just starting to read it!

gOhAsE

Newly Enlightened
AFAIK the headlamp has only a Luxeon 1.25W emitter.
And the heatsinking on it's little brother wasn't the best. When you wanted to use NiMHs instead of Alkalines you had to mod the flashlight and add additional heatsinking. (I own one myself and it gets really hot when you use NiMHs.)

dblagent

Newly Enlightened
As the title states, I looked around CPF and found no reviews at all and was wondering if anyone had ever tried one of these? The model number is HL-120 I believe and it would seem to be nice light with a good feature set, and I think I have found some decent prices on them and was considering ordering one. Thought I had better ask to see if anyone knew about them first though.

http://www.essentialgear.com/store/p/28-K2-Focus-Control-Plus-Headlamp.html