Anyone try the Bronte Tu10 Ti?

Tete

Newly Enlightened
Actually I paid 71 €, since I forgot to check for some discountcodes...:fail:
And no, I don't have any pics to share right now, but it is exatly as in the pictures at DD... I promise!:D

Racer

Enlightened
I usually point it at a spinning fan while I'm cycling through the modes.
Some lights only use PWM for certain modes - usually the lower ones.

Tete

Newly Enlightened
Actually after looking through the modes with my iPhone, it does seem to have some PWM. No as much as some of my lights, but it's there... Doesn't really bother me though!:eek:

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone have any experience with this light and comments thereof? Josh, I'm looking at you :)

Sorry I didn't see this earlier :p I haven't tried one of these, but I might get the opportunity to review it in the future.

My first few lights I got from Bronte were just pretty average, a good chance to get a light with good specs at a good price. However, the last two I reviewed from them, the RC25S and X20, were actually very impressive. Internally, the build quality seems just as good as many other more popular manufacturers, and the way they incorporated the side switch in the UI was very skillfully done. The RC25S has joined my frequent use cycle, which is fairly tough for a light to get in to. Will Bronte be around in a few years? I don't know, but if they fall off, it seems it will be more because of lack of marketing than lack of quality in their lights.

Tete

Newly Enlightened
How do you like the beam (profile, tint, ..)?

I haven't been able to do very extensive tests, but I have the Klarus XT11 which I've been comparing it to. The Klarus is a bit brighter, but at least mine has a bit more blueish tint compared to the Bronte, only a hint, though... I like the more neutral tint of Bronte, since otherwise the beam profiles seem quite similar.

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
My review of this light is now up:

Bronte TU10-Ti Titanium & X03 (XM-L U2 1x18650 2xCR123A/RCR) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMS+

It's a solid titanium build (good threads and boot cover on my sample). And the circuit has remarkably similar performance to the Klarus RS11, as you will see in the review. But the user interface is unfortunately the standard "budget" style with strobe in the main sequence (i.e., unavoidable if you want to go back to the low modes).

:wave:

Ualnosaj

Enlightened
My review of this light is now up:

Bronte TU10-Ti Titanium & X03 (XM-L U2 1x18650 2xCR123A/RCR) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMS+

It's a solid titanium build (good threads and boot cover on my sample). And the circuit has remarkably similar performance to the Klarus RS11, as you will see in the review. But the user interface is unfortunately the standard "budget" style with strobe in the main sequence (i.e., unavoidable if you want to go back to the low modes).

:wave:

Wow! Can't believe you would review a "budget" light :) The switch action is nice. Sunwayman could learn from them.