Anyone with one of these Seiko military watches?

thesurefire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I dont personally have any experience with them but it looks like its a soildly build military style watch, and for 50 bucks i dont think you could find a better value.

Jumpmaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Be careful...Asia has been notorious for producing fakes of Seikos and other watch brands. The largest volume of fakes I've seen on eBay originate in SE Asia.

So...it may be a great, tough watch for $50 and you can't really go wrong at that price, but don't be surprised if it's not genuine.

JM-99

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Anyone with one of these Seiko military watche

I had one of those and sold it to another forum member. A very solid, reliable watch. Everything on that one looks to be correct, and considering the seller has 99.5% good feedback and almost 12,000 transactions, I would not worry too much about it being a fake.

If you go look around on 'Seiko Citizen Watch Forum' (search for that with google, it is a 'hidden' forum on www.network54.com) you will find lots of discussion on the various Seiko military watches. The fact is that there are dozens of models of Seiko, Citizen and Pulsar watches that are only sold on the Asian market. Check out www.chronograph.com, www.easternwatch.com and http://www.roachman.com/watches.html to see some of these various asian market watches.

Jumpmaster

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yeah...they could be gray-market -- if that's the case, hope you never have to send it back to Seiko for factory service.

The good thing is most good jewelers will be able to fix the watch should something need repair.

JM-99

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast

That model of watch uses the 7s26 21 jewel Seiko movement. All the popular models of Seiko 200m divers that are sold on the US market use the same model, so if it should ever happen to break it would be very easy to have work done on it. In a worst case scenario, you can buy and entire brand new replacement movement from Chronograph.com for roughly $25.

Surelight

Newly Enlightened

I have one, great watch but it does not wind manually (only auto), very accurate.

rajanf1

Newly Enlightened

I have one but I got it from Bill Yao at a more expensive pricepoint. Chronograph.com sells it for $75 shipped. Mine runs +4 to 10 seconds everyday depending if it is fully would up. I will replace it if ever I lose or destroy it.

_mike_

Flashlight Enthusiast

For a legit and reputable overseas Seiko dealer try Chronograph.com That Seiko Military watch on ebay does have a very good reputation.

Mike

JohnnyB

Newly Enlightened
I agree with all the positive comments about the watch and Chronograph.com

I have this watch and absolutely love it.