Anything new expected from Zebralight in the near future?

michaelmcgo

Enlightened
I've always been a big fan of Zebralight, they seem to get runtimes and brightnesses perfect with every launch. And of course they always offer a really nice Neutral White option.

I'm looking for an 18650 headlamp and though their offerings still seem competitive, it looks like they haven't released a new headlamp in years. I have 8 Zebralights but my last headlamp was an original HL600W (would be the Mk-I, original XM-L LED) from 2012 and still works great for my needs.

The H600c Mk IV XHP50.2 Seems to be the one I'd be most interested in but it's already 4 years old. Anything gossip on them launching anything newer?

SYZYGY

Enlightened
h600c is what i would get, too. the non-18650 offerings don't interest me.

there is an A6 model in the works, but who knows if or when that will come out. i say just get h600c.

moses

Enlightened
I too am quite curious that Zebralight is still active, but have not introduced new models for a while. Did they simply not have an engineer anymore and are just manufacturing?

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is, but same model is coming back with the supposedly different high CRI LH351D emitter

Probably an LE version, Limited Edition, like they did with SC5c Mk II LE.

What is it about SC53c that makes you wait and not get SC5c instead (unless you already have SC5c)? I have both, with aftermarket clips (recommended!), use the SC53c for lower light tasks, which usually means pre-dawn mornings or middle of night after waking up to pee, as its sublumens go lower and has a lower maximum setting. I've been running a depleted L91 in it for months (1.54V SoC). But when I leave the house, I carry the SC5c, which to me seems better for most tasks all around, plus the 475Lm turbo. Is it the unsupported 14500 feature? That it is slightly smaller? The ribby design of the host?

Last edited:

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
Honestly, don't know haha. I had the older sc53w models before and I just really liked the small size. They were tiny and mostly just get used around the house and I've used them at work and the output performed very well. I've been debating on the sc5 as well, still might try it out. I do like Zebras knurling

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Probably an LE version, Limited Edition, like they did with SC5c Mk II LE.

What is it about SC53c that makes you wait and not get SC5c instead (unless you already have SC5c)? I have both, with aftermarket clips (recommended!), use the SC53c for lower light tasks, which usually means pre-dawn mornings or middle of night after waking up to pee, as its sublumens go lower and has a lower maximum setting. I've been running a depleted L91 in it for months (1.54V SoC). But when I leave the house, I carry the SC5c, which to me seems better for most tasks all around, plus the 475Lm turbo. Is it the unsupported 14500 feature? That it is slightly smaller? The ribby design of the host?

What does this one do different than the SC53c/SC53w?

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is the tint of the LH351D emitter on the LE models. Shown here is the sc64c LE
1BAC9A55-0AF3-4491-903A-F57C72998E88.jpeg

F769D8E9-FBF4-4A58-AA68-446A1C822CE0.jpeg

LH351D left. SST20 4000k 95 CRI right

They are both very similar

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I find SST-20 4000K too bland. Obviously, it appears very similar to LH351D in your beamshots. I think many that really like neutral, which I think sw45k has been accepted as the gold standard and for which I also don't care, that because SST-20 4000K is super-neutral, those that care should love it. I have a Nichia 219c 4000K I like a lot better, and Nichia E21A 3500K I like even better than that, but I think neutral tint lovers probably wouldn't.

I also have what are ostensibly two identical ZL SC5c Mk II, neither LE. They were purchased several months apart, and the later one has a darker ano, and its tint is considerably different from the earlier one. I know this is common, the so called tint lottery, but I wonder if it isn't an XP-L2 and actually a LH351D because I got it just before they discontinued the model. I'll try to take some beam shots tonight if I get a chance. I've been pretty embarrassed at the quality of all my images, which I think are mostly due to my using the camera in a 5th Gen. iPad mini, which is what's available.