• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

AquaMule and AquaRam 18650 lights ** Terra versions added**

ianb

Enlightened
Well this has now replaced my High Cri Mule as EDC / go to light, even though it is larger, its utility and dimensions make it a pleasure to use. I was lucky (read unlucky!) enough to get a leak in my hot water heater over the weekend and it has been my constant companion for the replacing of the old tank and then on 'leak watch' once re-filled, suffice to say, I love it :twothumbs.
Its an easy one to win over non flashaholics as well because of the scoops and grooves and 'shiny' nature.

Oh and here are some photos!

Thanks,

Ian :)

Last edited:

KDM

Flashlight Enthusiast

I hate to post this picture after Ian's and all the other great photos here. Thanks Don the Aqua Ram looks great sitting here on my youngest daughter's floor. I however get to sit here while she figures out which hair bow looks best on daddy. No pictures included.

ianb

Enlightened

I hate to post this picture after Ian's and all the other great photos here. Thanks Don the Aqua Ram looks great sitting here on my youngest daughter's floor. I however get to sit here while she figures out which hair bow looks best on daddy. No pictures included.
The wonder of daughters! glad it's not just me [emoji3]
Nice pic the floor looks cool too,
Ian

easilyled

Flashaholic
Don, any chance that you might offer a larger head for the AquaRam (& TerraRam), say similar to the size of the Makai, for extra throw?

McGizmo

Flashaholic
How about an AquaRam in the water instead. :nana:

_8170007.jpg

_8170122.jpg

_8170238.jpg

Trip Miller

Enlightened
I like the new tether accessory.... :faint:

Funny mine did not come with this tether accessory even though I am sure I ordered it. Don please ship one out ASAP! In fact based on the new math I learned here on this forum 2=1 and 1=0 so better send me two in case. :)

flashy bazook

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi all! Many thanks for the helpful discussion of these amazing new lights.

I had a question now that many have these lights in hand, for anyone that can respond:

--What is the Lux coming out of the AquaRam XPG2?

This is my main question, bonus questions are:

--What is the Lux coming out of the AquaRam XML2?

and (bonus-bonus!):

--What is the Lux coming out of the Makai 6V?

answers very much appreciated.

PS -- Lux measurement at the highest output level available, please (if you have modified that please say so).

Last edited:

flashy bazook

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi all! Many thanks for the helpful discussion of these amazing new lights.

I had a question now that many have these lights in hand, for anyone that can respond:

--What is the Lux coming out of the AquaRam XPG2?

This is my main question, bonus questions are:

--What is the Lux coming out of the AquaRam XML2?

and (bonus-bonus!):

--What is the Lux coming out of the Makai 6V?

answers very much appreciated.

PS -- Lux measurement at the highest output level available, please (if you have modified that please say so).

Hi again,

I found the Makai Lux measurements (quoted from one of Don's own posts!):

Haiku XP-G (660 mA) - 2500 lux
Makai (1x123, 660 mA) - 10900 lux
Makai (2x123, 1450 mA) - 18500 lux

So my original question is now trimmed to the Lux measurements for the AquaRam only. Many thanks again.

tino_ale

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi

Now that these lights (mule and ram) have lived a little, can anyone recommend which one would be the best all around dive light ? Can't justify to get both, so if you had to choose one for a night dive, which one would you pick ?

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Night dives I think maybe that the Mule would be better, it is pretty damn bright at 2200mA, you wont have tunnel vision like you would with a concentrated beam. For Murky water I would guess you need more lux to punch through the water, go with the Ram.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Got a friend interested in a new dive light for murky waters and she thought that floody would be better but your reasoning sounds more likely to me as well.

Thanks for the quick response.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
I have used both in the ocean and like topsides, it really depends on the size of target and distance to target. What makes things more difficult underwater is the fact that water filters out light even if it is crystal clear and certainly with any turbidity. Topsides you get similar problems with heavy smoke, dust or fog. In relatively shallow water I think the Mule is a better choice but in either case, it really helps to hold the light away from your line of sight to minimize the backscatter or light reflected back into your vision from particles.

the badger

Enlightened
I've got a few questions regarding the Aqua Ram.. and unfortunately I either missed the answers here or they haven't been fully discussed yet:

- What is the runtime on the XPG2 Ram?
- Not that it matters cause I'll be buying one regardless, but what is the output on the XPG2 (and is it max driven at 1400mA)?
- How do I get one of those lanyards on that girl's waist in the above pics?

Any info helps :)

Last edited: