AR15 Light Under $125 ?

DonK

Enlightened
I will be putting a lot of rounds through it this summer, and I won't baby it. I will leave the light on even in daylight just so I can assess how it holds up.

Wonder if the TLR-1 has springs both ends of the battery compartment ? They seem to hold up well - even on high recoil handguns.

Wiggle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry missed the post that you already bought a Viking. That is a good choice IMO :)

Last edited:

DonK

Enlightened
I would feel more comfortable if there were a spring at the positive terminal, but apparently they hold up OK (due to potted electronics ?)

I like the user interface. On high it seems that the mode can be changed only by turning the head. Once the head s turned the rear clicky can be used to switch between3 other levels.

I just ordered an Olight M22 for comparison

DonK

Enlightened
Well, I've been comparing the Olight M22 to the ArmyTek Viking.

Winner is the Viking.

The Olight has a few features I don't like. The cigar ring is slip on, not screw on. The pocket clip must be attached to the cigar ring to mount it. This means that you cannot have the cigar ring without the pocket clip and you cannot have the pocket clip without the cigar ring. When you remove the cigar ring there is no replacement ring to take up the space, so you end up with a gap, and a couple of sharp cut-outs where the pocket clip would locate.

The second O ring is forward of the tail cap and the tail cap does not ride over it when screwed fully forward. So what is the point ?

The Olight feels flimsy compared to the ArmyTek. Light output is about the same, but the Olight drops from 950 lumens to 600 lumens after a few minutes. The ArmyTek may do this too, but the manual does not say, and I've not noticed it in use.

The Olight has a spring on the positive (front) terminal, the ArmyTek does not. At first I thought that this was a major disadvantage (for rifle mounting) but then I looked in a Streamlight TLR-1 and found that it does not have springs at the front terminals – so perhaps they are not needed - I've not heard of TLR-1 failures.

If you can have only one, get the ArmyTek