ARC-5Watt Mod by Jets22 PICS

DumboRAT

Enlightened
Re: The hotter the better !

That is NICE Brock !

I still like the full-bodied look better (maybe because I'm, myself, uh, rather round?), but that step-down looks pretty darnded good! Is that a Vitalgear body?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

LOL, that "nuclear" logo sure would be cool, too.

Hey, did I mention I'd pay extra for cool logos?

LOLROF. I'm a sucker for details....

Allen
aka DumboRAT

Jets22

Enlightened

I was thinking the Allen family crest logo in yours buddy.. Would that be two combat talons above a surefire light?LOL

I have a fat body reserved for yours already Allen..Since those are scarce, new options had to be made for future lights.. I actually like the look of the step down 123 just as well personally.

FlashlightOCD

Enlightened

I just got a 3 Watt T from Jets22 in the mail today. It is "loosely" based on the ARC AA body:

The Light:

The polished Aluminum looks like chrome, it looks much better in person than in the pictures he posted. It has a tritium vial dot for locating in a dark room. I also appreciate the ability to set it on its tail end in candle mode. The light has a thicker diameter than a Firefly and is also about .5" longer, but it still fits comfortably in a pant pocket.

The Beam:

I'll know more in an hour or so when it gets dark here, but the hotspot looks to be significantly brighter than the L4. It has much less spill light than the L4, but the hotspot is still large enough to be very usefull. I would guess the total output to be between a "stock" Firefly and an L4 [which would make sense].

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Mednanu

Enlightened

I've been wanting to perform this same mod myself. I've already got the Grey kit body, a V3U 5W and a BB750 ready to go. What I haven't gotten down to is actually designing the innards, heatsinks and how it will all fit together. Would anyone care to post some screenshots of how they did this to help us poor, less fortunate, non-5Watt-totting individuals ? I'd be very interested in the heatsink design and any spacer measurements that were used in order to get everything to fit snuggly within the Grey kit and sink enough heat to avoid thermal shutdown.

Also, did you manage to get a BB750 to run on just 1 CR123 ?!!!? Would 1 CR123 even drive a BB750 in regulation ? Any suggestions/info would be most appreciated. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jets22

Enlightened

Roth has been my lathe monkey(just joking Jim) on the heatsinks for most of them.. You will have to modify the powerpacks to make them work correctly...... but the heat has caused no thermal shut-down issues..but the light was not designed for long constant running either.. It's a great light when you need ALOT of light in a small package though.. In the 15+ I have built, I have nothing but positive feedback so far...There has been constant revisions and tweaks done to come up with the best combo.. Shoot Roth a PM on the heatsinks..He built me 2 or 3 different versions and they all worked great..

DumboRAT

Enlightened

Brock,

LOL, that crest sounds great, LOLROF ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

You've really brightened my day here, my friend !

I know that's not possible, but still, it was a hell of a funny thought, especially as being, as you know, Chinese, that would definitely be a brand new crest for me !

Have a happy, safe, and most importantly, healthy Christmas.

Allen
aka DumboRAT

Miciobigio

Enlightened

Hello,

just an update to tell Jets22 (and other that has similar mod) that using one 123-tubes of the CNC-123 you can have one small flashlight similar in size to other 3V flashlight but now he can take 2x123 batts, i use one 17670 lithium that works OK.
The secret is the Twisty !
Now i have a 5Watt-2x123batts that is relly very small and looks very good to me ( Mc-Lux ? ) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

fa057c44.jpg

fa057c24.jpg