ARC LS modification Project IN CHROME!!!!!

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
There isn't much to get excited about unless yaesumofo digs the Arc hosts out of his garage. The price will have a lot of bearing on whether the chrome hosts can generate interest, too.

nbp

Flashaholic
Gold medal for longest running interest thread in CPF history. These could be awesome with some modern emitters in them. Does yaesu even visit anymore? Just pull em out, sell em, let people figure out what to do with them.

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes I am aware. DatiLED IS CORRECT. Buried in the garage. They are beautiful and ready. If there are people who want to build the lights up with modern emitters I think they would make very fine flashlights. I might be motivated not by profit I will never recoup the dough time gas energy... That's not the point. It may sound strange but maybe they have been waiting for an amazing emitter. Is there one?
It takes more than cool hosts.
Yaesumofo

nbp

Flashaholic
Well you sure won't recoup any money hanging onto them, lol. What is your definition of an amazing emitter? I would consider some of the Nichia 219 offerings to be pretty great.

archimedes

Flashaholic
.... If there are people who want to build the lights up with modern emitters I think they would make very fine flashlights....It may sound strange but maybe they have been waiting for an amazing emitter. Is there one?
It takes more than cool hosts.
Yaesumofo

Cree XP-L Warm White ?

Osram Oslon High CRI ?

Last edited:

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would like to build out a set with triple Nichia 219B (or c) LEDs driven by a GDuP H.O. converter board. Primary and RCR battery support, 3 levels and a high of 1.2A

The Osram Oslon LEDs will work, but I haven't tried the XP-L with a triple optic.

SAM_0155_zps75fec07e.jpg

SAM_0156_zpsaf11a89c.jpg

SAM_0157_zpsb2f3a448.jpg

I have pretty much given up on trying to get a single emitter in the Arc. A low profile reflector is hard to find, and cutting down a McR20-S looks odd through the window.

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great looking hosts. I remember reading this thread when I first joined CPF. If Derek could get some hosts and put in his triples, I would be very interested in one

luxlunatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an Arc twisty that is polished aluminum running a DataLed trip XPG (IIRC) that is an awesome setup!
I remember this tread and since then wanted to add a chrome to the collection, and with a Data trip XPL, that would be sick!!!

cy

Flashaholic
I would like to build out a set with triple Nichia 219B (or c) LEDs driven by a GDuP H.O. converter board. Primary and RCR battery support, 3 levels and a high of 1.2A

The Osram Oslon LEDs will work, but I haven't tried the XP-L with a triple optic.

SAM_0155_zps75fec07e.jpg

SAM_0156_zpsaf11a89c.jpg

SAM_0157_zpsb2f3a448.jpg

I have pretty much given up on trying to get a single emitter in the Arc. A low profile reflector is hard to find, and cutting down a McR20-S looks odd through the window.

what a blast from the past .. those new Arc drivers sure look interesting .. fyi .. I'm still sitting on a boatload of new old stock Arc inventory