Arc6 owner poll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
So there are not a lot of Arc6 owners (being a $300 flashlight) but I am curious, how do you have your light setup? I am especially interested in how often you replace the battery. Please post your stats here.

Here's the stats for the Arc6 that I use:

Serial number: 0001 (proto)
LED: K2
stg1: level1
stg2: level3
stg3: level7
typical battery used: powerizer rechargeable (3.7v nom)

>> How often do I change the battery? every 2 weeks or so I rotate in a fresh cell even if the current cell is doing fine

This is the primary flashlight that I use: yes
mods: green tritium vial in piston

peter

04orgZx6r

Enlightened
Serial number: 3946
LED: SSC P4
Stage1: level 1
Stage2: level 3
Stage3: level 6, because of the tint shift on level 7, working on that though
Typical Battery Used: Powerizer

>> How often do I change the battery?:

Right now about every 6 hours.....What can I say, just got it and have been using it a lot.....

>>Is this the primary flashlight that I use?:
Yes, for now:thumbsup:

Mods: soon to be Green trit in Piston one, Orange trit in Piston two.....Maybe if I can find a way to anodize just the "button" portion of the piston, That would be cool.....
Also going to get the Low force springs from the group buy to make it easier to press:devil:

I had it set like this:
Stage1: level 3
Stage2: level 6
Stage3: level 1

But then it flashed to bright while trying to get it into the low stage, so I switched it up.....I really like it now:twothumbs

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a P4, serial #3759.

Stage 1 - level 3

Stage 2 - level 5

Stage 3 - Strobe

I use primary cells. I rotate lots of EDCs so I don't really have an estimate for battery life.

I put a GITD O-ring on the bezel battery tube joint. I've attached a wrist lanyard to the pocket clip. My Arc6 is used mainly when I'm on the road and traveling light.

Last edited:

tpchan

Newly Enlightened
Serial number: 0061
typical battery used: AW IMR16340 (3.7v nom)

How often do I change the battery? I check it daily and when it reaches 3.8V I either rotate it with another IMR16340 or just charge that cell right away. So probably a weekly battery change.

This is the primary flashlight that I use: Arc6-K2 with guarded sleeve or my Spy007 :twothumbs
mods: green tritium vial in piston

Last edited:

Elmie

Enlightened
Serial number: 0014
typical battery used: AW RCR123

I charge the battery once a week and is my primary EDC. I have green trits in both battery packs. I just love the size of this damn light. I have a Mcgizmo Lunasol 20 as well and it's just too big to EDC compared to the Arc6. Both are beautiful lights and serve different purposes for me, but I find myself loving the size of the Arc6. This light is a must have, especially when equipped with the K2.

orcinus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Serial number: 0025
Stg1: Level2
Stg2: Level4
Stg3: Level7
Battery used: Powerizer RCR123A

Battery swap: every 2 to 4 weeks regardless of voltage or when it starts to lose tint control (whichever comes first)

Primary EDC: yes
Mods: ice blue trit in piston, modded w/ a softer spring

Additional stuff
Primary sleeve used: non-guarded
Emitter color temperature: 6300-6700K
Emitter tint: greenish
Sleeves: non-guarded w/ice blue trit, guarded w/yellow trit

Last edited:

AMRaider

Enlightened
Serial number: XXXX
LED: K2 TFFC
stg 1: level 2
stg 2: level 7
stg 3: level 7
Typical battery used: Surefire CR123.

How often do I change the battery? About once a month.

This is the primary flashlight that I use: It is one of two.

Mods: Titanium piston, no trit slot.

Additional Info: Unguarded sleeve.

P.S. I like the stiff stock spring tension. (Lower chance of unwanted activation while using the unguarded sleeve.)

Last edited:

astrogrub

Newly Enlightened
#3532, P4, guarded sleeve

Stage1: 3
Stage2: 6
Stage3: Strobe (love that strobe...)

or sometimes reverse

Stage1: Strobe
Stage2: 6
Stage3: 3

rayovac 123's or what ever 123's I have.
Change 'em about once a month.

Mods: grip ring and GITD "o" ring, lanyard.
hope to do trit on the piston eventually.

cachet

Newly Enlightened
Serial number: 0068
stg3: Strobe
typical battery used: LIR17335 (3.7v nom)

>> How often do I change the battery?
every 3 to 4 weeks or when it starts to lose tint control

This is the primary flashlight that I use: yes
mods: ice blue tritium vial in piston1, orange tritium vial in piston2

dtsoll

Enlightened
Serial Number: 2360
Seoul P4 emitter
Stg1: level 1
Stg2: level 3
Stg3: level 5

typical cell used: Primary (Surefire)
cell change?? On second battery now

Carried and used every day, stg 1 is my nitelight:)

Mods, none at this time, guarded sleeve

Someday I am gonna get some rechargeable 123's so I can reliably check out level 7, having said that level 5 is insanely bright as it is!!!!!

Last edited:

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I currently have my light confired for downtown city walks at night. I walk with the light on as a beacon for traffic.

Stage 1 - Level 2

Stage 2 - Strobe

Stage 3 - Level 5

How much juice does reconfiguring the light drain from the battery? Everytime I use my 6 I change the settings, alot...

Rob187

Enlightened
Serial Number: 7078
Seoul P4
Stage 1: Level 1
Stage 2: Level 3
Stage 3: Level 6 - was 7 but batteries couldn't cope with draw.
Typical Battery: Alternates between RCR123A & Primary 123A
No mods, both sleeves.

MKLight

Enlightened
Very interesting. Do you prefer the guarded or non-guarded battery compartment more? Is one easier to EDC? Is there a noticeable size difference in real carry and use?

Thanks,
MK

dealer

Newly Enlightened
SN 6014
p4
level 3
level 7
level 7
CR123, I replace the battery every month or two.
I love the light.

Last edited:

fyrstormer

Banned
My Arc6 has stock internals, an ice-blue tritium marker in the button, the guarded sleeve, a straight-sanded clip (not polished, for that brushed-metal look), rounder clip screws from McGizmo (c/o Lunsford Racing), and a softer spring also from McGizmo. I have Mode 1 set to Level 3 and Modes 2 set to Level 7. I found I didn't have much use for Mode 3 so I set it to match Mode 2. I run it on Ultrafire RCR123s with no protection, since the Arc6 is smart enough to protect itself.

I originally had the un-guarded sleeve, but I found the smooth body too hard to hold on to, so I ordered the guarded sleeve. It looks better and it's easier to hold as well. No complaints.

I'm trying to source a Luxeon K2 TFFC emitter to put in it eventually, but LED-TECH.de has been slow to ship. That is unlike them.

Bosley

Newly Enlightened
Very interesting. Do you prefer the guarded or non-guarded battery compartment more? Is one easier to EDC? Is there a noticeable size difference in real carry and use?

Thanks,
MK
I find the NG sleeve substantially smaller in my pocket, and it snags on stuff less due to the lack of a clip. I also find the exposed piston on the NG easier to operate. With the Guarded sleeve, I can't maintain enough pressure to keep it on high. (However, I hope the low-force springs I have coming will fix this problem.)

OTOH, the NG light will roll off a flat surface. I have both sleeves and tend to use the NG sleeve 90% of the time. I throw on the Guarded sleeve when I know I want to clip it to a pocket or know I will be setting it down where it might roll away.

I would say if you tend to EDC in a pocket, go for the NG for the smaller and more streamlined form (and easier piston operation). If you prefer to EDC clipped to a pocket, then Guarded is the way to go. Though not a huge difference, the Guarded sleeve is noticeably bulkier imo.

MKLight

Enlightened
about 8 months

Thanks, dealer. That's good to know. The battery lasts quite a bit of time then.:twothumbs

My Arc6 has stock internals, an ice-blue tritium marker in the button, the guarded sleeve, a straight-sanded clip (not polished, for that brushed-metal look), rounder clip screws from McGizmo (c/o Lunsford Racing), and a softer spring also from McGizmo. I have Mode 1 set to Level 3 and Modes 2 set to Level 7. I found I didn't have much use for Mode 3 so I set it to match Mode 2. I run it on Ultrafire RCR123s with no protection, since the Arc6 is smart enough to protect itself.

I originally had the un-guarded sleeve, but I found the smooth body too hard to hold on to, so I ordered the guarded sleeve. It looks better and it's easier to hold as well. No complaints.

I'm trying to source a Luxeon K2 TFFC emitter to put in it eventually, but LED-TECH.de has been slow to ship. That is unlike them.

fyrstormer, thank you! Interesting. Thanks for the info regarding the sleeves. Are you going to mod it yourself?

I find the NG sleeve substantially smaller in my pocket, and it snags on stuff less due to the lack of a clip. I also find the exposed piston on the NG easier to operate. With the Guarded sleeve, I can't maintain enough pressure to keep it on high. (However, I hope the low-force springs I have coming will fix this problem.)

OTOH, the NG light will roll off a flat surface. I have both sleeves and tend to use the NG sleeve 90% of the time. I throw on the Guarded sleeve when I know I want to clip it to a pocket or know I will be setting it down where it might roll away.

I would say if you tend to EDC in a pocket, go for the NG for the smaller and more streamlined form (and easier piston operation). If you prefer to EDC clipped to a pocket, then Guarded is the way to go. Though not a huge difference, the Guarded sleeve is noticeably bulkier imo.

Bosley, thank you! I rarely ever use a clip. I thought the overall look of the guarded sleeve was nice, but it seems like the NG Sleeve would suit me better, like it does you. Mine is on the way, but I'm thinking I now need to add the NG Sleeve to the order.

Thank you! :) :twothumbs

Bosley

Newly Enlightened
Arc #1065
Seoul P4
Stg 1: lvl 1
Stg 2: lvl 3
Stg 3: lvl 7
I use SureFire CR123s, and replace them every 6-8 months around the house, and every day or two when at the ranch.

Green trit in the NG sleeve, and orange trit in the Guarded sleeve.

Status
Not open for further replies.