Arc6 owner poll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gone Jeepin

Enlightened
Serial number: 4227

The light is just as it was the day it arrived from Arc. No change in the settings or mods. Unguarded. Rides well in the pocket. This light needed no adjustments and since getting it I have not felt the need to add any other lights to my collection except the Titanium Arc AAA. The Arc 6 was well worth the wait.

Typical battery used: powerizer rechargeables (3.7v nom) with Surefires at the ready when needed

>> How often do I change the battery? In the Fall and Winter (DARKER) months it is about every 9 days. In Spring and Summer (LIGHTER) months it is about 3 weeks. If I should get into anything more usage intensive the battery is changed out right away.

This is the primary flashlight that I use: Yes, a constant companion...

fyrstormer

Banned
I find the NG sleeve substantially smaller in my pocket, and it snags on stuff less due to the lack of a clip. I also find the exposed piston on the NG easier to operate. With the Guarded sleeve, I can't maintain enough pressure to keep it on high. (However, I hope the low-force springs I have coming will fix this problem.)
The stiff spring in the Arc6, as compared to the softer springs used in newer McGizmos, is quite problematic in this regard. You'll like the softer spring a lot, though you may want to stretch it before installing to make it closer to the length of the original spring. That provided the best "feel", in my opinion. (EDIT: The softer spring also makes it easier to twist the head with one hand.)

After installing the softer spring, the guarded sleeve was actually easier to use; among other things, it forces you to press the button with the tip of your thumb, which for some reason seems to make it easier to press-and-hold than if you use the face of your thumb as is possible with the non-guarded sleeve. The guarded sleeve also gives you a place to hook your index finger for better grip.

As for the clip, it does make it harder to fit into a pocket, but of course the point of the clip is that you clip it onto your pocket instead of dropping it in. Once I got used to that, it was quite nice because I wasn't constantly readjusting its position to keep it from bunching up into a wad with the other stuff in my pocket.

YMMV.

fyrstormer

Banned
fyrstormer, thank you! Interesting. Thanks for the info regarding the sleeves. Are you going to mod it yourself?
Suffice it to say I'm going to attempt to mod it myself. I know how to solder and I have thermal epoxy on-hand from various computer heatsinking projects. Whether I'll do it right is anyone's guess -- as is whether the damned package with the Luxeon LED will ever arrive. :scowl:

mglamb

Newly Enlightened
Serial number: 3844
LED: P4
stg1: level 2
stg2: level 5
stg3: level 1
typical battery used: Duracell CR123

How often do I change the battery? Just bought light, still on original battery.

This is the primary flashlight that I use: yes

mods: green tritium vial in piston

chaoss

Enlightened
S.N 4011 w/guarded sleeve (SSC/P4)

Stage 1: Level 1
Stage 2: Level 3
Virtual: Strobe (may change later to level 6 or 7 for burst)

Surefire CR123 (recently acquired light/ installed a freshie)

Primary EDC

Green Trit in tail

I am soooo liking this light :D.

Last edited:

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I changed it again!

I carry mine in my jacket pocket along with 2 spares in a retrofitted orange match carrier.

Stage 1 - level 2

Stage 2- disco strobe

Virtual - level 4

Knowing that you have at least 120 lumens available and only maxing out at 70 is quite the conundrum.

I love this light!!!

Knife Boy

Newly Enlightened
Just got my P4 ARC 6 this past week (love it by the way!!)

I have it set as follows:

Stage 1 - Level 1
Stage 2 - Level 5
Virtual stage - Strobe

Haven't had to change the battery yet, and I am currently using the Energizer CR123 that was included with the light. Once it is used up it will be replaced with either another Energizer or a SF CR123.

Status
Not open for further replies.