• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Archer 1A V2 question

Uprightman

Newly Enlightened
Hey everyone,

I have a question about my Archer. I employ this light while at work inspecting food production machinery after sanitation. It has performed reliably for several uses, but the last two times I've used it I've noticed a problem. It seems incredibly dim even on max output, then will not turn on until after a delay, then not at all. When I test this light at home (not in a steamy hot environment) it seems to work okay. I put a new Eneloop in it tonight, and I do notice it seems much brighter just at home. I'm going to try it at work tonight, and see how it goes.

I'm wondering if this is just a matter of it needing a fresh battery cell, since I'm using it primarily on max output to light up nooks and crannies, or if the steamy work environment is shorting something out causing my unit to fail.

Uprightman

Newly Enlightened
I'm not sure really. I've been using the sayno charger that came with the Eneloops

Tre_Asay

Enlightened
It might just be that you are running out of battery, Thrunite claims a runtime of nearly two hours on high which is probably a very optimistic spec.
It might also be a connection issue. Other than that I am not really an expert.

MikeB.

Flashlight Enthusiast
This light with a fully charged eneloop pro on high draws 1.8 amps. Medium starts at 433ma, as the battery runs down the medium mode will increase battery draw as it maintains brightness. I haven't done a runtime with this battery, but that's a little info I have.

Rob420

Newly Enlightened
Hey everyone,

I have a question about my Archer. I employ this light while at work inspecting food production machinery after sanitation. It has performed reliably for several uses, but the last two times I've used it I've noticed a problem. It seems incredibly dim even on max output, then will not turn on until after a delay, then not at all. When I test this light at home (not in a steamy hot environment) it seems to work okay. I put a new Eneloop in it tonight, and I do notice it seems much brighter just at home. I'm going to try it at work tonight, and see how it goes.

I'm wondering if this is just a matter of it needing a fresh battery cell, since I'm using it primarily on max output to light up nooks and crannies, or if the steamy work environment is shorting something out causing my unit to fail.

Uprightman I've only owned this light for a few weeks but noticed that when the battery gets very low the light simply goes out. You can turn it on again for a few seconds but it will go out again. Perhaps the battery was low in charge..

Also the light output on the high mode is dramatically brighter with Li-ion 14500 battery in this light. I much prefer the extra brightness available with a 14500 battery.

ThruNite

Newly Enlightened
Hi Uprightman,

Thanks for your question. I would like to tell you that the working voltage is 0.9v to 4.2v, and its wide working voltage enables both li-ion 14500 and normal AA batteries. May you change a new fresh AA battery, and then it will light up as before.

Best Regards,
Jenny