Are you upgrading to Windows 10?

stfc69

Newly Enlightened
I've been on Windows 10 for a few months now without any problems (touches wood) I get more issues with the crappy Acer laptop it's installed on...

Slightly off topic but has anyone upgraded to Android Marshmallow?

PROTOOLNUT

Newly Enlightened
I've been on Windows 10 for a few months now without any problems (touches wood) I get more issues with the crappy Acer laptop it's installed on...

Slightly off topic but has anyone upgraded to Android Marshmallow?

Yeah I just found out most recently there is a new Android version 5.1 I believe it is. My tablet is still running on 4.4 Kitkat lol. My tablet is generic however so that means its not supported by who made it, which means I can't get the new version of Android. But those who have Samsung Galaxies can probably get the new version.

Good question though cause I am curious to know how much better it is from Kitkat?

stfc69

Newly Enlightened
My Moto G is ready to update but I've held off for now, haven't had the phone long and it's working perfectly so don't want to ruin it! :confused:

recDNA

Flashaholic
I've consoled myself to stick with 8.1. My Asus works fine so why mess with it? Now if I could update my Vista using desktop to 10 for free I would. Couldn't be any worse than Vista but no way I would pay for it.

G. Scott H.

Enlightened
My personal transition from 7 to 10 was hideous and painful, but I finally got it figured out, and now everything is peachy. I actually enjoy using 10 now, although I still can't get IE to work properly (couldn't get it to work well on 7 either), so I've just stuck with Chrome (which works as well with 10 as it did with 7).

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
So apparently vesture is doing something wrong. I download win10 from the microsoft website and ran the install. Its asking me for a product key now. Where am I suppose to get this from?

HarryN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Life is funny. I bought a new (industrial) product that uses windows .net software, so now I will have to buy a new computer with win 7 pro, as it is not certified on anything newer. I had hoped to be done with win and just stay with linux, but I guess not quite yet.

No. I'm not upgrading to Windows 10.

~ Chance

9ngTDmE.jpg

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
In my opinion Windows 7 is the last OS from Microsoft worth attention. I hate those attempts to turn my desktop workstation into a expletive removed tablet.

Last edited by a moderator:

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
The tablet thing can easely be turned off. My win 10 acts and looks like the old win 7. Normal desktop. Had no issues with it. Wanted to install win 7 on my brand new laptop until i found out how to turn that stuff off.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
For those upgrading to Office 365 and like Windows Picture Manager for basic edits... it's gone with the new upgrade.

My company installed 'Infranware' on my work computer. It's not bad. Once you learn your way through it, things are pretty user friendly. They also installed 'Gimp 2' but that's a lot more in depth. It's for more like photoshop type uses.
Neither support RAW by the way. And if either does white balance correct I haven't found it... but today was day one with both so....

I work for a company with a huge network so security is a big deal. Even the head of IT has to have another IT guy install programs to his computer. So for them to reccomend that particular 'freeware' must mean it's pretty safe from back door stuff and those little critters that like to live in freeware.

Last edited:

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I think that Gimp is pretty well vetted, being open source and all. I've found it to be a little glitchy on my Win 7 machine so I don't use it much. I used to use PaintShop Pro until Corel bought it and wrecked it.

markr6

Flashaholic
The search on my Windows 10 simply WILL NOT WORK! I messed with all the indexing stuff and all the tricks/help I could find online. Nothing. It searches my dropbox folder, outlook messages and that's about it. I have 2 hard drives and it isn't searching those.

Latest posts