The Times They Are A-Changin' (apologies to B. Dylan)

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
One of the first big indoor malls in So Cal. Had some wonderful times there with my girlfriend in the early '70s.

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
The times aint are-a-changing. Times have changed. We're dinosaurs @SCEMan. My wife buys men's clothes now because everything in the girl's section looks like hooker-wear. At times we're the only ones in the place speaking English.
And now that criminals have more rights than the store owner it's kinda scarey out there.
I guess we're just waiting for the big asteroid to hit...

Thankfully since we found refuge from the madness with other Deplorable Americans my wife has no issues shopping for pants among the English speakers.

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess we're just waiting for the big asteroid to hit...
Will you settle for a Carrington type Event taking out the power grid? Look up Sunspot AR3590.

Things have been getting bad for awhile. Even before the migrant crisis, our country belittled it's police force after the George Floyd riots, neutered our military with woke policies, gave squatters more rights than home owners during Covid bringing us closer to Communism, and now we are persecuting land developers for nearly half a billion dollars with no victims. Criminals see that they run the country and can do whatever they want. At the moment, they're right.

Locally in San Diego County, we have two Walmart's just closed (Mission Valley and El Cajon Mall). Our church youth group hasn't been down to Mission Beach in years because of all the homeless everywhere and the weekly shootings and stabbings. Police response time is over 45 minutes, used to be under 15. They are now hiring illegal aliens to be police officers in CA. There are hookers walking the streets in broad daylight in the southern part of our county near schools. The county legalized it. The state is trying to pass a law to require each gun owned in the state be registered yearly with a to be determined fee that goes up each year per gun. It will be illegal not to register them (violating federal law that says a gun registry cannot be maintained). Guns not registered must be forfeited for disposal or you get an infraction. (This is called extortion under the current CA Penal Code unless signed off by a judge.) This proposed law would take affect June 2025. So they let the criminals run loose, fire and demean the cops, import criminals from other countries' jails, and disarm the citizens so they can't defend themselves. Mark my words, there isn't an idiot alive that can get elected and screw this country up this much by accident.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I remember in the 80's seeing kids wearing the anarchy symbol on their attire. These days their kids are acting like anarchy is a good thing.

It aint and they will likely soon understand the meaning of "careful what you ask for because you might just get it" when the mob comes for them.

The nuts are taking over the cukoos nest.

nightshade

Enlightened
A fire broke out backstage in a theatre. The clown came out to warn the public; they thought it was a joke and applauded. He repeated it; the acclaim was even greater. I think that's just how the world will come to an end: to general applause from wits who believe it's a joke.
Soren Kierkegaard / Either/Or Part I

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those gun laws or any US gun laws never stopped me from violating the law.
Screenshot_20240226-084514.png

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
What surprised me is how fast it happened in the quiet area we lived in (East San Gabriel foothills). I don't recall any crime or homelessness until a couple years before we moved ('95-2019). Prior to that nothing. It seemed to start with rampant catalytic converter thefts and then it all hit the fan

Real world's even scarier 😬
Correction, SCEMan, both pictures depict real-world scenarios. :(

The biological male on the right side of your picture is Sam Brinton, they/them (should it be was or were?) the Deputy Assistant Secretary for spent fuel and waste disposition at the Department of Energy's Office of Nuclear Energy. That is until they/them were fired for stealing luggage at two different airports.

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Correction, SCEMan, both pictures depict real-world scenarios. :(

The biological male on the right side of your picture is Sam Brinton, they/them (should it be was or were?) the Deputy Assistant Secretary for spent fuel and waste disposition at the Department of Energy's Office of Nuclear Energy. That is until they/them were fired for stealing luggage at two different airports.
Even scarier. I stopped following Disney years ago so I sit corrected.

You do realize that by omission you've insulted the lovely Admiral Rachel L. Levine.