Armytek Prime C2 Pro (Warm) review - 2230 lumens

ro.ma.

Enlightened
Armytek Prime C2 Pro Magnet USB (warm) was sent to me directly by Armytekstore for review.

svx9ASt6_o.jpg 1

Armytek Prime C2 Pro is an EDC (Every Day Carry) flashlight with a compact design, a convenient side button and a special matte finish already seen on other products from the same company. Prime C2 Pro has been updated maintaining the best features of the previous version with greater power, new button, new pole springs etc.
Prime C2 Pro is built in aeronautical aluminum with an anti-abrasive finish and has 2 modes of use: General and Advanced.
The version reviewed by me, with a warm tint, has a Cree sales package). It is rechargeable via a magnetic charger in the queue.
Prime C2 Pro has 12 brightness levels and a maximum battery life of 200 days (Firefly1).
It is IP68 certified (waterproof and dustproof) with a maximum immersion depth of 10 m for 2 hours.

MAIN FEATURES:
Color temperature: warm (Warm)
LED: Cree XHP50.2
Optics: TIR lens, transmits more lumens, provides a wide and comfortable beam with a spread of 120°
Light power, lumen: 2230 lm
Beam distance, meters: 121 m
Hot spot: Output: 70°:120°
Number of modes: 6 in standard mode and 12 in advanced mode
Battery compatibility: 1x18650 lithium ion
Possibility of using batteries with or without PCB
Battery status indication
Autonomy in maximum mode: 2 hours and 48 minutes (570 lm after 50 seconds)
Autonomy in minimum mode: 200 G
Strobe mode
Material: Aviation Aluminium
Anti-abrasive finish: Premium type III hard anodization 400 HV
Waterproof and dustproof standard: IP68 (10m for 2h)
Safe fall height: 10 m
Operating temperatures: -40 +40 °C
Battery compatibility: 1x18650 lithium ion
Protection from accidental ignition
Color battery status indication
Low battery level indication
Dimensions and weight
Head diameter: 25.4 mm
Body diameter: 20.5mm
Length: 117.7mm
Weight (without battery) 68 g
Weight (with battery) 118 g
Warranty and assistance
Armytek provides free repairs under warranty for 10 years (excluding batteries, chargers, switches and connectors, which have 2 years warranty) from the date of purchase if there is a document confirming the purchase. The warranty does not extend to damage caused by the user.

jK2NbkbN_o.jpg

Armytek Prime C2 Pro arrived in a black cardboard box with the main features that distinguish it listed in detail, including the available levels.
OPCkHZ4f_o.jpg
Inside the package we find:
Armytek Prime C2 Pro "Warm", Armytek 18650 3500mAh rechargeable battery, Magnetic charging cable (proprietary), Holster, Steel clip, * Spare O-rings* and multilingual manual.
9llDMVTl_o.jpg

The holster supplied with the torch is made of nylon, elasticated at the sides. It is simple but well made, quite soft with a hook and loop closure. At the back we find a D-ring at the top and a single loop in the center.

The battery supplied with the Prime C2 Pro is a 3500mAh rechargeable 18650 flat surface battery.
The battery has a safety air intake and thermal protection.
Armytek Prime C2 Pro allows you to use any 18650 lithium ion battery, with PCB or without, Flat Top or Button Top, with 10A discharge current and provides complete protection against short circuit even in case of contact between magnetic connector and metal objects.

Armytek Prime C2 Pro is well built, has an excellent feel of robustness and holds well in the hand. Excellent grip even in rainy conditions thanks to the type of anodization (matt black); good dimensions and weight (118 mm for 118 g with battery).

y7mX1EvK_o.jpg

Immagine

The numerous writings on the torch are well made and understandable.
boYH3qLm_o.jpg

On the head of the Prime C2 Pro we find a TIR optic protected by a tempered glass with anti-reflective coating with the Cree XHP50.2 LED in the warm version in the center. Thanks to the type of optics, the beam is wide with an output of 120°.
AaoxHjKM_o.jpg
Armytek Prime C2 Pro is equipped with a slightly crenulated satin steel bezel useful for protecting the optics and as personal defense.
4NtRwjSU_o.jpg
47IRziom_o.jpg

The single button on the Prime C2 Pro is located on the side and is slightly protruding. Larger in size, with an audible and firm click, it works well in the dark even when wearing gloves. Below the button there is a notification LED. The raised shape of the button prevents the flashlight from rolling.
tHVM4OQa_o.jpg

The central body of the Prime C2 Pro is smooth. On the body we find the space to insert the supplied clip which in my package appears to be of lower quality and different from the one depicted in the product advertising.
O15DFMpr_o.jpg 1

The threads of the central tube are not anodized and arrive well lubricated. By slightly unscrewing the cap we obtain the mechanical lock of the torch. For water and dust protection we find a double O-ring. Armytek Prime C2 Pro is IP68 certified (10 meters submersible for 2 hours).
At the two poles, for contact with the battery, we find plated springs; the one on the tail cap is of moderate thickness. Armytek Prime C2 Pro has reverse polarity protection mechanism.
bMrkJHmk_o.jpg

At the base of the tail cap we find the proprietary magnetic charging base.
In the package we find the magnetic charging cable which allows fast and on-the-fly charging.
AXbhM2Sl_o.jpg

To recharge the 18650 battery supplied with the flashlight, simply adhere the magnetic connector to the tail cap after slightly unscrewing the tail cap. It took me about 4 hours to fully recharge the 3500Mah battery.

COLOR INDICATION
Battery charger not connected:
• Green: The device is in standby mode.
Battery charger connected:
• Flashing green: Battery voltage rating.
• Flashing red: unscrew the rear cap 1/4 to refill.
• Flashing orange: the voltage of the USB power source is too low to be correct, continuation of charging or bad contact between the charger and the battery.
• Red: Charging is in progress with the rated charging current.
• Orange: USB power source voltage is too low, charging current may be reduced.
• Green: Charging is finished.
POLNPTgh_o.jpg

The tail magnet has a fair amount of power and allows good anchoring of the Prime C2 Pro on ferrous materials.
Since the tail is flat it is possible to put the torch upright (candle-shaped).
VqquNsOL_o.jpg

Armytek Prime C2 Pro near other flashlights.
ZiCL4JRB_o.jpg

From left: Battery 18650, Nitecore MH15, Armytek Prime C2 Pro, Armytek Predator Pro, Speras E21 e Acebeam P16.

User Interface (UI)

Armytek Prime C2 Pro
has 6 or 12 levels depending on the usage mode chosen: General or Advanced. The Prime C2 Pro user interface is particular if we think of the 12 levels of the advanced mode but after a bit of practice it is truly complete and easy to remember.
To switch from one type of mode to another, unscrew the tail cap ¼ with the torch off, press the button and tighten the tail cap while holding the button down.
Levels available:
Turbo3: 2230 lm/2 h 48 min (570 lm after 30 sec)
Turbo2: 1590 lm/2 h 48 min (570 lm after 1 min 30 sec)
Turbo1: 760 lm/2 h 44 min (570 lm after 22 min)
Main3: 325 lm/5 h 20 min
Main2: 140 lm/12 h 30 min
Main1: 37 lm/40 h 30 min
Firefly3: 4.5 lm/12 d
Firefly2: 0.9 lm/40 d
Firefly1: 0.14 lm/200 d
Strobe3: 2230 lm/10 Hz/5 h 45 min (570 lm after 2 min)
Strobe2: 2230 lm/1 Hz/12 h (570 lm after 10 min)
Strobe1: 140lm/1Hz/55h

Instructions taken from the Manual:
Before use: tighten the tail cap all the way.
GENERAL MODE
Modes: Firefly1, Firefly2, Main mode, Turbo mode (last used in Advanced, Turbo2 by default).
In the OFF state
1 click: to activate the last used mode.
Press and hold: To begin cycling through Firefly modes. Release for Select. Holding the button will begin to scroll through the Main modes.
In the ON state
1 click: to turn off the flashlight.
Press and hold: to begin cycling through Main modes from any mode. In the Firefly1 cycle through the main modes begins after the Firefly mode cycle. Release to select.
2 click: to activate Turbo mode from any mode. The second double-click restores the last used mode.
ADVANCED MODE
To switch from one type of operation to another, unscrew the tailcap by 1/4 with the torch off, press the button and tighten the tailcap while holding the button down.
Mode Sections:
[1] – Firefly Mode, [2] – Main Mode, [3] – Turbo Mode, [4] – Strobe Mode
In the OFF state:
1 click: to activate the last used mode.
Press and hold: to activate Firefly1 mode [Section 1]. Keeping the button pressed will start cycling through the modes: Firefly1 - Firefly2 - Firefly3 - Main1 - Main2 - Main3 - Turbo1.
In the ON state:
1 click: to turn off the flashlight.
Press and hold: to start scrolling through the modes of the relevant section.
Same in OFF and ON states:
2 click: to activate Main mode [Section 2]. Another double-click to switch between the modes chosen in [Section 1] and [Section 2].
3 clicks: to activate Turbo mode [Section 3].
4 clicks: to activate Strobe mode [Section 4].
Auto memorization.
After switching off, the last mode used is stored for quick access the next time it is switched on.
Active temperature control.
When the temperature of the flashlight approaches +58 °С, the brightness decreases to a safe value, allowing the flashlight to avoid overheating for a long period of time. Under good air-cooled conditions, the flashlight provides light without losing power.
The warning indication shows the battery level and temperature inside the flashlight.
Low battery level. When the battery level is approximately <25%, the color LED will show the warning level by flashing orange once every 2 seconds.
With further voltage reduction, the brightness will begin to gradually decrease for the safety of the battery and the user. If the brightness of the mode (except Firefly Mode and Main1) is approximately <25% of the nominal value, the main LED will flash 2 times. Critical battery level approximately <10% is indicated by flashing red once per second.
High temperature.
When the temperature increases to the warning level, the colored LED flashes orange 3 times once every 2 seconds. In critical level it flashes red 3 times once in 1 second. The brightness starts to reduce to a safe level.
Lock function.
Unscrew the tail cap 1/4 to protect against accidental ignition. The status indication will be deactivated.
Multicolor status indication.
Short flashes every 4 seconds show battery level even in the OFF state (until the battery level becomes below critical). The indication also helps you find the flashlight in the dark.

zCbyZqKA_o.jpg

BEAM and RUNTIME
Armytek Prime C2 Pro has a nice color in my warm version with a wide but balanced beam with 120° beam coverage. I didn't notice PWM at first sight.

5L4k9LCS_o.jpg

r0IWb2lY_o.jpg

From the tests carried out with the OPPLE Light Master Pro, two meters away from the sensor, the value of the CCT color temperature and the Ra color rendering varies, as we have already seen, depending on the selected light level. Taking an average I get a CCT color temperature of around 4100 and a Ra of around 72.
In TURBO2 (1590 lumens) the measured CCT value is 4173 while the Ra is 72.2 - the Duv is excellent with a value of 0.0004.

gCYYERX3_o.jpg

8AwODErZ_o.jpg

With a thermal imager I detected how the heat is distributed in the Prime C2 Pro in Turbo2 mode (1590 lumens) 1 minute, 3 and 5 minutes after turning it on. With this brightness Prime C2 Pro quickly reaches high temperatures. As the minutes pass, the heat is also distributed towards the body and tail.

P4UApZdf_o.jpg

Runtime:

The runtime tests were done with the three Turbo modes (Turbo1, Turbo2 and Turbo3) and with the Main3 mode of 325 lumens in a closed environment with a temperature of approximately 21°C with the battery in supplied, a fully charged 3500mAh Armytek 18650. Prime C2 Pro when used on the Turbo overheats quickly; for electronics and LED protection Prime C2 Pro has an active real-time temperature control system to prevent overheating above +58 °C by adjusting the power when necessary.
I would like to point out that the values expressed by the graphs must be taken, above all, as a reference because they were made with means and environmental conditions different from those used in the laboratory.
In my tests the runtimes are slightly lower than those declared by the parent company.
Turbo1 (760lm). In Turbo1 mode the brightness starts at about a third of the brightest mode (Turbo3). The trend is constant for about 2 hours after switching on and then the drops begin due to battery exhaustion.
Turbo2 (1590lm). In Turbo2 the brightness starts at about two thirds of the brightest mode (Turbo3). After about 3 minutes there is a decrease which brings the light output to the lowest turbo level (Turbo1) in about ten minutes. After just over 100 minutes, towards the end of the battery, there are further drops in brightness.
Turbo3 (2230lm). After about 1 minute from switching on there is a sudden drop in brightness which settles at a lower value than that of the Turbo1 for about 150 minutes. This test has different values from those declared by the parent company and was repeated by me twice.
Main3 (325lm). In main3 with this brightness there is a constant trend for almost 5 hours before the battery runs out.
N.B. In all the tests I have carried out Armytek Prime C2 Pro, once the battery charge is finished, it does not turn off but remains in Firefly mode for a few hours.

DseIE2pn_o.png 4
The first 20 minutes
385gmP3G_o.png

CONCLUSIONS
Armytek Prime C2 Pro
was a pleasant surprise.
I particularly appreciated the flexibility in the choice of lighting levels which, being twelve, make it easy to use the most necessary one, and in the compatibility with batteries from other brands and not proprietary ones.
I also appreciated the color of the light beam and the magnetic base, always useful for a functional and reasonably powerful EDC torch like the Prime C2 Pro.
Finally, the package is complete with holster and "on the fly" rechargeable battery via a cable with magnetic connector.
Recommended.
Thanks for reading the review.
Roberto

Last edited by a moderator:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Magnetic charging?? No thank you.
USB-C charging is superior. Brands like Olight and Led Lenser use magnetic charging just to be different for the sake of being different, and it's annoying. Magnetic chargers can be de-magnitized. Something that for some odd reason, no one talks about. That's not an issue with USB-C charging.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I think you replied to the wrong thread.
This one is regarding the review of the Armytek Prime C2 Pro.

But to clarify, it was Eagletac's very shady business practices I had an issue with when they first made their presence known on CPF. Two big lies. One, Made in America company. Simple Google search proved that was a lie. Address they gave as their U.S. headquarters turned out to be the residential address of an employee living in America. Two, claimed the 5 biggest online sellers catering to flashaholics, were Authorized Dealers of Eagletac. Members contacted the 5. One said he was an A.D. One said he had received an email from Eagletac to become one but hadn't decided on that. And, the last 3 had never even heard of the company.

Shortly before the first scandal broke, I bought an Eagletac P10A. One of their very first models ever offered for sale. Bit slippery. But overall I liked that single-AA LED light. Still own it. Would have bought more, but yeah.... To their credit they weathered the storm of controversy they created and are still around today.

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think you replied to the wrong thread.
This one is regarding the review of the Armytek Prime C2 Pro.

But to clarify, it was Eagletac's very shady business practices I had an issue with when they first made their presence known on CPF. Two big lies. One, Made in America company. Simple Google search proved that was a lie. Address they gave as their U.S. headquarters turned out to be the residential address of an employee living in America. Two, claimed the 5 biggest online sellers catering to flashaholics, were Authorized Dealers of Eagletac. Members contacted the 5. One said he was an A.D. One said he had received an email from Eagletac to become one but hadn't decided on that. And, the last 3 had never even heard of the company.

Shortly before the first scandal broke, I bought an Eagletac P10A. One of their very first models ever offered for sale. Bit slippery. But overall I liked that single-AA LED light. Still own it. Would have bought more, but yeah.... To their credit they weathered the storm of controversy they created and are still around today.

You're absolutely correct, and I apologize. I was trying to reply to another post I'd just finished reading, but had forgotten that I'd switched posts. It was a thread in which there were also implications of bias being raised by some. My error - finger problem - only. I intended to reply to this one:

At least my memory isn't shot; the aforementioned pre-existing Eagtac 'beef' does exist. I removed the comment here, but won't bother re-posting it there now that all has been clarified. Thank you for correcting me. I already realized my error, and logged back in specifically to correct it myself. No need for that now.

ro.ma.

Enlightened
So to be clear, you were given this flashlight for free to review?
Of course, I was given a subject sample for review. It takes me about two weeks to take photos in the studio, test the flashlight, make the video outdoors and do tests with various equipment.

ro.ma.

Enlightened
Magnetic charging?? No thank you.
USB-C charging is superior. Brands like Olight and Led Lenser use magnetic charging just to be different for the sake of being different, and it's annoying. Magnetic chargers can be de-magnitized. Something that for some odd reason, no one talks about. That's not an issue with USB-C charging.
I understand what you mean; luckily I have had an armytek for over 6 years which I use normally and it still has the powerful magnet. Then consider that with this system you have no internal parts exposed to water or dust. These are choices made by the parent companies and their technicians which have positive and negative aspects.

ro.ma.

Enlightened
no offense to op if I'm way off, but this feels like an A.I review. Or at least, an ad. The format feels off
I don't know what you mean by "AI review. Or at least, an announcement. The format seems off." Regarding the format, on CPF we have a limit of 25 photos and 2500 words and also the photos have a strange appearance, I see them as small and of different sizes. In the reviews I include the characteristics of the product, with photos taken in the studio and outdoors. As instrumentation I use the now highly tested Opple Light Master and a FLIR thermal imager as well as the LX1330B luxmeter. I'm one of the few who does written reviews and video reviews and I put in many hours for each review.
I'm curious, what do you like to see in a review?

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I understand what you mean; luckily I have had an armytek for over 6 years which I use normally and it still has the powerful magnet. Then consider that with this system you have no internal parts exposed to water or dust. These are choices made by the parent companies and their technicians which have positive and negative aspects.
I see charging ports on flashlight bodies as an emergency charging option. Almost all have rubberized covers to protect against water or dust ingress. A work-bag, bum bag, sling bag, or pack should always contain a single-bay charger, and charging cable, along with a wall-plug adapter and a slim powerbank. If something happens to a couple of those items, as long as you have a power source and cable, you can plug in directly to the flashlight as a last ditch option.

Though, I find that carrying a spare, fully charged up battery in a delrin or plastic battery-locker is a better option that relying on any charging method when out and about. If we're talking home charging, there's no real benefits of using a magnetic charger over a USB-C cable. Seriously, with the exception of Armytek, Olight, and LedLenser, literally every other flashlight companies technicians have decided using a USB-C cable is superior to magnetic charging.

LRJ88

Enlightened
Of course, I was given a subject sample for review. It takes me about two weeks to take photos in the studio, test the flashlight, make the video outdoors and do tests with various equipment.
Nowhere in your review does it state that you were given the light for review, in order to eliminate bias that's a step that needs to be taken.

ro.ma.

Enlightened
I see charging ports on flashlight bodies as an emergency charging option. Almost all have rubberized covers to protect against water or dust ingress. A work-bag, bum bag, sling bag, or pack should always contain a single-bay charger, and charging cable, along with a wall-plug adapter and a slim powerbank. If something happens to a couple of those items, as long as you have a power source and cable, you can plug in directly to the flashlight as a last ditch option.

Though, I find that carrying a spare, fully charged up battery in a delrin or plastic battery-locker is a better option that relying on any charging method when out and about. If we're talking home charging, there's no real benefits of using a magnetic charger over a USB-C cable. Seriously, with the exception of Armytek, Olight, and LedLenser, literally every other flashlight companies technicians have decided using a USB-C cable is superior to magnetic charging.
Honestly, I also prefer the USB port in particular because it is a proven standard. However, they are choices of the parent companies that can be accepted if interested in the product.

ro.ma.

Enlightened
Nowhere in your review does it state that you were given the light for review, in order to eliminate bias that's a step that needs to be taken.
If you look carefully it is written at the beginning of the review. I always write it in all of them.