As Promised RA Clicky Beamshots High Cri and 170T

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
At least one thing I know for sure. We both love flood lights! :twothumbs
I never thought I would want a light that was more floody than throwy, but today's offerings give us the ability to really fine tune exactly what we want. It's a great time to be a flashaholic! :buddies:

bigfoot

Enlightened
I just found out that HDS is located in Tucson, AZ which is only about a 30 minute drive from where I live!

You just became the envy of nearly everyone on CPF with that statement. Trust me, you want an HDS light. They are 100% made in the good ol' U.S.A. Amazing built quality and design. 'Nuff said, let the pictures speak for themselves.

:rolleyes:

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
More light is always a good thing. Or at least the availability of more light is always a good thing. However, I think that if you used a High CRI in person, and saw just how great it produces real world colors and contrast, as opposed to a picture on a computer screen, you would make it your next purchase. ;)

Captain Spaulding

Enlightened
You just became the envy of nearly everyone on CPF with that statement. Trust me, you want an HDS light. They are 100% made in the good ol' U.S.A. Amazing built quality and design. 'Nuff said, let the pictures speak for themselves.

:rolleyes:

+1 American made and second to none build quality and design. I have to admit at first just seeing pictures i was not attracted to the light. Until I got my first one... Beautiful, functional, and so comfortable. It fits my hand better than any light and just feels so right. Now I am thinning my collection of other lights to make room for more HDS lights. By the way that orange cerakote from oveready is drop dead sexy :naughty:... wonder when they will be back in stock!

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast
Man, that High CRI is gorgeous. It's been said before, but thanks for the pictures, they were sorely lacking from the forums.

Hellbore

Enlightened
Not trying to derail the thread but... Before I order one, I have a couple questions for you guys:

How would the high CRI EDC compare to, say, a Quark Mini, in terms of a light for carrying all the time? I'm sure the Quark is brighter, right, because the high CRI emitter is not as powerful right...

What about build quality? How would an HDS light stack up against a Quark or a Jetbeam C-LE? These are the only small carry lights I have experience with.

Just wondering if it would be a step up quality-wise, I know it would be a step down in output vs. a Quark Mini but output isn't everything :)

I just don't want another light that is too much like what I already have... I needs to set itself apart in either build quality or usefulness or something!

abarth_1200

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, heres the thing with HDS lights, you can choose what level of light you want and which level to turn it on at, you can also program in things like locator flash and auto button lock. The RA Clicky is a totally customizable light, it does what you want it to do

JWRitchie76

Flashlight Enthusiast
Quark and JetBeam are not in the same class as HDS. Quark definitely is not. The high CRI is not as bright and you already know that but quality wise HDS is arguably second to none.

Captain Spaulding

Enlightened
Quark and JetBeam are not in the same class as HDS. Quark definitely is not. The high CRI is not as bright and you already know that but quality wise HDS is arguably second to none.

+100

Ive seen several threads lately people trying to compare HDS with anything. I love my jetbeams and quarks, but for serious quality my HDS lights all the way. I agree, right there with Surefire and second to none. Just sold my mint E1L to help getting another Ra Clicky.

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
++1

Jetbeam and Quark aren't even playing the same game as HDS, much less in the same ballpark. HDS is magnitudes higher in quality. It's at least as good, if not better, than Surefire.

This is not to disparage Jetbeam or Quark. They both make good products. But if your life is on the line, you can trust HDS or Surefire. They both have military contracts too, if that means anything to you.

Last edited:

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's at least as good, if not better, than Surefire.
To what I see, I say HDS lights already more than surpassed any Surefire in the single cell category and I am a Surefire fan too. The only thing that Surefire has an edge above is the TIR optic which gives it a little more power and throw at longer distances, not something that I would really need in a single cell light. This is just my opinion and YMMV.

Cole07

Enlightened
Nice beamshots! I am waiting for my birthday to come up so I can have my parents order me a HDS 140 Tactical beam with a flush button to replace my iTP A3 as my EDC. You are now at the mercy of my birthday mom and dad, and my $140 HDS! HAHAHA :devil:

JWRitchie76

Flashlight Enthusiast
I finally got around to doing a quick beamshot of my modded 120 EDC. This light now sports an XP-G R4, 5B tint bin. Same control shot and position as earlier shots. The high CRI now is owned by member NBP. I also did one of my brand new Nautilus....a kick *** light in it's own right! Personally I don't think the camera even accurately depicts how much spill this light has. Just an amazing big orb of warm light with a nice hot spot for pretty decent throw.

Control Shot
027.jpg

HDS Clicky high CRI
023.jpg

Ra Clicky 120 EDC :naughty:
002-3.jpg

Muyshondt Nautilus
003-3.jpg

I guess I should add one of the 120 EDC before the mod....EEEWWW! :D
024.jpg

Last edited:

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
I finally got around to doing a quick beamshot of my modded 120 EDC. This light now sports an XP-G R4, 5B tint bin.
Personally I don't think the camera even accurately depicts how much spill this light has. Just an amazing big orb of warm light with a nice hot spot for pretty decent throw.

Ra Clicky 120 EDC :naughty:
002-3.jpg

I've got to hurry up and get my Ti Clicky modded to xp-g!