• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired B@rt's Tritium thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

subunit

Newly Enlightened
That is correct. ;)

Thanks Bart. Money sent.

If you have a moment, could I ask whether you think the the observed brightness differences between the tritium phosphors is more related to biological retinal/photoreceptor effects, or more related to the efficiency of the phosphors themselves? I notice in camera images that the "100%" greens look like they are actually brighter (more photons output, camera sensor presumably (?) not being biased toward collecting more photons of one wavelength or another), and it's harder to tell with the other phosphors.

I have an "interesting" device that passes the output of a 1x12mm green tritium lamp through a piece of orange "optical fiber" plastic. I thought this might be to excite a fluorescent dye in the plastic (some optical plastics are doped like this I guess), but then I remembered they're using a green plastic fiber for the other model, and it's unlikely they're using a BLUE tritium vial to make it fluoresce- probably the same green vial. So if what I care about is the number of photons coming out of the end of the bit of plastic fiber (forms part of a sighting element), I probably want mainly photons that are not absorbed by the plastic "bandpass filter"- hence the orange vials. If there are large differences in phosphor efficiency outside of how well their output wavelengths are detected by human eyes, this gets more complicated :laughing:

B@rt

Flashaholic
Your vials are in the mail.
I think the difference is in our perception, the amount of tritium to exite the phosphor is the same so the number of photons released should be equal, but of course I'm only guessing here... :stupid: :p :santa:

subunit

Newly Enlightened
Your vials are in the mail. I think the difference is in our perception, the amount of tritium to exite the phosphor is the same so the number of photons released should be equal, but of course I'm only guessing here... :stupid: :p :santa:
Thanks Bart!!! :cool:

gonzalu

Newly Enlightened
Hello B@rt. I just sent you an E-mail with an order. Not sure if that is proper way to order or not. Here is what I was looking for:

10 1.5x5mm vials. I am in New York City.

2x Green
2x Ice Blue
2x Yellow
2x Red
2x Orange

Can you let me know total with shipping and tracking? Thank you!

Last edited:

1oddball

Newly Enlightened
Sir
i just thought to check in-tomorrow is 1 month and nothing has arrived. Wondering if it was lost in the mail.

gonzalu

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone have anything to report on how long it takes from when Bart ships to them and they arrive in the US? Mine seem to have left NL but are not yet in the USA or in my hands :D

Thank you all.

B@rt

Flashaholic
2cz9gu0.jpg

Merry Christmas!

Last edited:

xdayv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wonder if you have a Christmas tree made of tritium vials? Haha. Merry Christmas B@rt and to the cool folks here... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.