• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Batch #1 - Custom anodized Sunwayman V series Ti Selector rings

theslippyslug

Enlightened
#5 is available again

Thanks to all so far, the ones marked sold are now ready to ship. Sorry for the delay but I've been away for a couple of days and there is a 'right way' to install the magnets and the only way to work it out is trial and error so it can be a bit time consuming!!

precisionworks

Flashaholic
there is a 'right way' to install the magnets and the only way to work it out is trial and error
+1

I mark the top of each one with a Sharpie marker & then extract them before stone wash. Found out the hard way that the magnets will not stay in their pockets for a 72 hour tumble :)

If they are installed wrong the control ring will give really wierd effects.

theslippyslug

Enlightened
Can people who have ordered please let me know which model they will be using them on...?

(at this point I'm hoping everyone yells "Ti+" )

theslippyslug

Enlightened
How's the grip on #1 & 2 vs the stock ring?

Personally I think it is improved as you can adjust just using your thumb... and certainly you can feel the selector ring more obviously when you pick the light up in the dark...
:)

precisionworks

Flashaholic
Personally I think it is improved as you can adjust just using your thumb... and certainly you can feel the selector ring more obviously when you pick the light up in the dark...
:)
The much improved grip is part of the reason I signed up. IMO the tactile design of the factory ring scores about 3 on a scale from 1-10. Matt's version looks like a huge improvement.

okwchin

Newly Enlightened
How does the pattern flow around with #10

Could you describe the colours as you go around?

Very interested in the more clean look but with strong colours, (like #11 more, especially if in a strong colour (gold purple?)), but #10 can do if the colours flow smoothly to go along with the larger V10R Ti.

Ones I like, in order. #11 #1 #9

Im thinking - Ill take #3 and #10

But in the end I had custom ones made, so #3 and #10 are back up for grabs

IMG_4046.jpg

IMG_4038.jpg

DSC_0305CroppedDusted.jpg

Last edited:

theslippyslug

Enlightened
the sequence on #10 is bronze, purple, dark blue, light blue, silvery blue, pale yellow, deep yellow, magenta, violet

If you want I can do one with alternating yellow and green slots to go with your trits :D

any variations on the ones in the first post - just ask :D I can do one to suit your light - (although red and black are not possible)

theslippyslug

Enlightened
Glad it got there ok!
It is a bit time consuming but you get there in the end! I don't think the magnets need to be pushed all the way into the slots and the head doesnt have to be complete to test (just don't look at the emitter when testing ! Use a ceiling bounce).

Once you've fitted it you can give it a wipe with windex to remove any grease from the coloured parts :)

I am doing a couple of rings for Okwchin by request so #3 and #10 are still available

senna94

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got mine today and magnets were no problem at all. A good strong pair of tweezers is a must to remove magnets. Install them with the notched part down and then test the light. If it functions erratically pull one of the magnets out and rotate it 180 degree with the notch still facing down into the slot. Place a small dot with a Sharpie or other marker on the magnet you just turned. Re test the light and if it is still erratic then simply remove and rotate the magnet opposite the dot and that should be it. This covers all possible sequences quickly. Looks great and I love this new ring. Thanks!!

Last edited: