Battery Adapters at Big Lots

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Today one of my local Big Lots was selling the Sakar brand pack of 4 each: AA to C, AA to D, and 4 2000mah AA batteries for $5.99. This is the same thing that some of us have seen or purchased from WalMart for a bit more.

Geoff

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Would the AA to D work in a Blaster Jr, do you think? Are they wired in series? It'd be worth buying it just to try it for a fit.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Not sure what you mean about being "wired in series", Omega. These adapters look like normal C and D batteries. You just slide a AA down inside them. I'll take a closer look at mine tonight. If I recall (got mine at WM long time ago and haven't used) they have built-in positive terminals, so you actually slide the AA "up" in it and use the neg. battery end for that terminal.

Geoff

BrighTor

Newly Enlightened
I'm fairly certain that flashlightreviews.com did an informal review of these types of adapters. You might take a look there. I'm pretty sure the ones he looked at were a setup where there were some AA rechargeable batteries and then canisters you slid them into to adapt them up to larger sizes.

Edit: here ya go: http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/sakar_digiplus.htm

Last edited:

tvman

Newly Enlightened
thanks for the info, flying turtle. I have not seen these at my local BLs. I'll have to look for these. I have been buying some of their $4.99 Tokina (Sakar International Inc) 4pk AA 2200mah batts and using them in 3aa to D adapters. These batts don't seem to hold their charge very long. The batts size must not be uniform as they have gotten stuck in some of my flashlights. Also even when supposedly fully charged, they won't power another flashlight. One flashlight seems not work unless I use alks or good quality (HR stamped Sanyo type) rechargeable batts.

Last edited: