Bay Area Get-Together *DATE CHANGED TO 12/06/09*

PCC

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry, forgot to mention that I will have my kids with me (9YO daughter and 12YO son). They're well behaved most of the time.

I think I saw rain in the forecast for Sunday so I'm out if it rains.

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast
weatherr.jpg

Last edited:

Max_Power

Enlightened
Since I work Sundays, I decided to just take Sunday the 6th off so I could enjoy the whole event.

Sounds like the main course food is covered, how about if I bring along some snack food (chips, cookies, something like that.)

WorkerB

Newly Enlightened
Hi all- This will be my first flashaholic get together. I will be bringing a dessert, probably a flan. My wife may make it as well.
And I will be bringing a "bucket o' lights" that belonged to my nephew, the late 3RD_SHIFT.
WorkerB

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
argh I found out I have a test on monday I need to study for..chances for me coming are now slim to none.

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast
guys Mat from www.12Vspotlight.com have donated us some Spotlight for our raffle.
So I guess we'll have a raffle @ around 7PM (after everyone is loaded with food)
Keep in mind you need not bring an item to get a raffle ticket

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Not going to miss this GTG for the world!! Thanks Jonathan for your generosity!! I'll bring some polish sausages for the grill.

Craig... if you can get free from your academics just call my cell phone and I will pick you up. I am pretty sure your Xtar howitzer is the only one one the west coast, and would generate a lot of interest.

My wife is taking the kids shopping with my sister in law for the afternoon, so it'll be just me.
I have some mags + cells + adapter tubes... but I don't know what to do with them? Far too many options. Looking forward to what AlanB has got cooking in his lab, and a couple ROPs seems like a no brainer... but wow there are so many options.

Its a good problem to have I guess:p

Brainstorming some charger ideas too for the 26700 cells:thinking:

dscn6016.jpg

Looking forward to the HID lights too, those are always :drool:

Last edited:

LightCannon

Enlightened
Re: *** Bay Area Get-Together 12/12/09 ***

I'll bring a selection of non-alcoholic drinks, probably lemonade and soda. Also, I can bring parts of my knife collection if anybody wants to see some Spydercos.

I can probably go for a little bit...but I'd feel bad if I didn't bring anything.

However, I'm working on a bit of a tight budget, so is it alright if I brought some drinks as well?

WorkerB

Newly Enlightened
Hi-
I need a little help. I don't have the address and am unable to send a PM. Can someone please email me the address? jehamptonatearthlinkdotnet
Thanks.
WorkerB

PCC

Flashlight Enthusiast
It just occurred to me that I really don't have anything to show you folks. My one "wow" flashlight to the average Joe is probably only "is that it?" to most of you folks. I don't have anything in the 200 lumens or more range, no HIDs, no P7s or MC-Es, not hotwire mods, nothing. Most of my lights are fairly stock MagLites and stuff like that. My cousin was a closet flashaholic back in the day and he had given a few interesting lights to me but they're nothing more than 'interesting' lights (SureFire 9N, Pelican Super Sabrelite, Streamlight Baton Lite, etc). Nothing to get excited about, really.

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't worry about it.

How often do you get to hang out with a room(s) full of other folks who like to talk flashlights? Being able to share or check out other lights is just a bonus.

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi all- This will be my first flashaholic get together. I will be bringing a dessert, probably a flan. My wife may make it as well.
And I will be bringing a "bucket o' lights" that belonged to my nephew, the late 3RD_SHIFT.
WorkerB
:welcome: I remember 3rd_shift along with his coffee pot logo. Sounds like the torch was passed along to you... literally.

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
WorkerB

!!! It would be an honor to check out his lights.

I'll try to drop by at least for a few hours... already have your cell, kramer!

Aircraft800

Flashlight Enthusiast
WorkerB

Hey WorkerB! :welcome:

I knew Steven threw CPF, he organized all of the DFW events. I have taken over and organized the last few DFW get-togethers, and Denise (3rd_shiftsmom) has made the last two. Great to hear his "bucket o' lights" will be put to good use! You'll probably become a flashaholic and finish some of those unfinished projects!

I'll definitely make one of the Bay Area Get-Togethers, SWA flies there daily, I'm just out of vacation time till Jan.

Only a day away, make sute to take a ton of pictures and video! Have fun!