Beamshots at 100 feet - outside - 19 lights

Zot

Enlightened
Mike,
I used the white balance set to direct sunlight. These beam shots started out as part of the RA-100-WWCN passaround. It has a warm white (WW) emitter and I started comparing its tint to some of the other lights I have.
Zot,
Great work, very useful comparison beamshots. I'm sorry if I missed it in the thread but I was wondering about how was the white balance set on your camera? Was it auto white balance or did you have it set on a manual preset? It looks like the white balance was consistent from shot to shot and shows the differences between the colors of the lights outputs/ Thanks again for the great shots.

Zot

Enlightened
Well finding the time is the hardest part. :) I would suggest optimizing your exposure for the P7 since it is so bright and then use the same exposure for the other lights.

The great thing about digital cameras is you can see right away if the exposure is what you want and make corrections right then if necessary.
PM me if you want discuss in more detail. I would be happy to help out.

I've got a Nikon D70 too (but not the s model) - great cameras. Thanks for the help! Now if I can just get some time to do beam shots. :sigh: I want to compare my new HDS U60 M with a P7 and taskled driver pushing around 3 amps through it (estimated 600 Lumens) to some other lights. This thing lights up a huge area at a distance and I think some night beam shots with a fairly wide angle will show the real 'wow' factor it has.