Beamshots of 14 powerful xm-l flashlights(including TK70)+1 xp-g for comparison.

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
ergotelis, is your M3X modded in any way? To the naked eye my M3X and M3C4 single XML have the same throw and brightness (but different beam shapes). I just measured and got the following:

M3X = 42,000 lux @ 1 meter
M3C4 = 45,250 lux @ 1 meter

My M3C4 is a much cooler tint than my M3X so perhaps the difference in throw is down to the extra phospher (higher tint bin) on the emitter of my M3X.

nodoubt

Banned
ergotelis, is your M3X modded in any way? To the naked eye my M3X and M3C4 single XML have the same throw and brightness (but different beam shapes). I just measured and got the following:

M3X = 42,000 lux @ 1 meter
M3C4 = 45,250 lux @ 1 meter

My M3C4 is a much cooler tint than my M3X so perhaps the difference in throw is down to the extra phospher (higher tint bin) on the emitter of my M3X.

check the exif data......
the m3x is shot ay 1 seconds exp , while all the others are at .6 sec....
almost twice the shutter time open.....
lets in way more light.....
i hate it , as i have wanted to get the m3x for a while now, and thought it blew the others away till i saw the exif data on his pics ..........

ico

Enlightened
i hate it , as i have wanted to get the m3x for a while now, and thought it blew the others away till i saw the exif data on his pics ..........

Are you sure? how did you know?
Then its a bummer since a .5 increase in shutter is already enough to make a big difference in the pictures

Still, TK 70:wow:

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh dear, I've been using those beamshots in a thread on cpfmarketplace for an M3x.. I hope they work out alright.

Ergotelis seemed confident in his lux readings however and I did a little research and it seems according to a thread on 'taschenlampen-forum' that others have measured the M3x around the same; 'Jojo by selected-lights had indeed measured 50 000 to 59 000 lux'.

The video beamshots by goinggear etc also seemed to support the idea that the M3x was ahead of all the competition throw wise.

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
The video beamshots by goinggear etc also seemed to support the idea that the M3x was ahead of all the competition throw wise.

It is not. Now that I have one and tested it against my other throwers, it is the same as the other lights in the class.

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, which other lights do you mean by 'in it's class'? The Eagletac single XM-L, Catapult V3 XM-L? It outthrows the TK41 at least:

beam-ani.gif

I think I'll have to amend my other thread. It's on hold for now anyway, it's odd because I've heard from a couple of people that their M3x outthrow other lights 'in their class'. There could be some variation between samples but how much is something I'd like to know.

Wolfshark

Newly Enlightened
Xeno f8v5 bezel

Hello, I'm a bit of a newbie, currently in the market for 2 torches(nightstand & outdoors). Your thread is very helpful, thanks for taking the time to post your findings.
My question is: where in the world did you get that vicious strike bezel on the xeno f8v5? Is it made by Xeno? I looked through their products & accessories and couldn't find it. I've found some Deep strike bezels but not like that one.
Thanks in advance,
Ws

(edit: when looking at 'strike bezel' posts I notice people seem to get up in arms on the subject for some silly reason. Lol I'm not interested in a discussion on laws, national politics, mall cops, whether they should exsist, intended use, etc. Just looking for info on this particular product).

ergotelis

Enlightened
Re: Xeno f8v5 bezel

Hi, thanks for comments.
This strike bezel is from kd, the 10860 item. Bought it out of curiosity and fits so nice with the xeno!!It is really vicious and aggressive, sharp and dangerous!

ergotelis

Enlightened

Are you sure? how did you know?
Then its a bummer since a .5 increase in shutter is already enough to make a big difference in the pictures

Still, TK 70:wow:

Yeah, it is true. The M3X uis 1 second and others 0.6s, 2/3 stop advantage.

Wow guys really sorry about that!This thing is sick! Just noticed that after so many time,just took notice of your comments! Can't explain or remember why is this so!

I promise to do this again without this problem, to see clearly the difference!

Sorry again for that!

zorbas

Newly Enlightened
Ean to pistevis i oxi,

prin eida apo pou eisai, ixa sto nou mou, to dromo pou trawikses tis fotografies, mou thimisi tin kriti......wow

Epitrepetai na rotiso pio simeio einai.

Thanks kai kali sou mera

Klaus

ergotelis

Enlightened
Hi, i would answer in English, as the forum is an english one. It is from a road outside of Herakleion, over the Almuros lake,behind the Electric Power facility, i am pretty sure that you know the lake! It is a nice place for night shooting as it has a lot of space and it doesn't have enough light!

Last edited:

ergotelis

Enlightened
Awesome review.

Dang that TK70 is bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

bigC

Thanks for your comments, when i have some time i would like to make an update and add some more lights, such as the DRY, Trustfire TR-J12, Trustfire x7 with dedomed xm-l + 71mm aspheric(you can guess the lux number!!), neutral and warm Olight M3X and the new Crelant 7g5 V2, when it arrives! :)

And of course, to remake the M3X cool tint beamshot because it came overexposed(sick mistake!!!)

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for your comments, when i have some time i would like to make an update and add some more lights, such as the DRY, Trustfire TR-J12, Trustfire x7 with dedomed xm-l + 71mm aspheric(you can guess the lux number!!), neutral and warm Olight M3X and the new Crelant 7g5 V2, when it arrives! :)

And of course, to remake the M3X cool tint beamshot because it came overexposed(sick mistake!!!)

The Dry XM-L that I have is White Tint Direct Drive model. It pulls an Amazing 5.5A at the tail on DD mode. Very bright. It would be interesting how that compares to your TK70.

Thank you for the great review.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool beamhots and impressive collection of huge throwers, there. The TK70 gets me laughing even in comparison beamshots, hehehehemouhahAHAHAHAHA

Thank you all again guys!
I use some Vapex D nimh cells.
There are no good lsd(low self discharge) D cells, D nimh batteries loose capacity very easily, they have a lot of internal resistance and afterall, they need training(charge and discharge) after a period of time that they remain unused, in order to regain their capacity.

Actually LSD cells are to be avoided in the TK70; most top off at 7.8 amps discharge rate, while the TK70 eats up 8.9 amps. on turbo. I have to go buy another 50$ worth of batteries because I overlooked that.

Latest posts