Beginner EDC - $50-70

Ezeriel

Enlightened
Not really liking the HypeTac and looking for something to either backpocket (Quark 123 size) or keychain carry.
How is the Quark Mini 123 XML? Got an offer for $30 on that, but brand new I could get $39-40 as well.

12 hour shifts make me a sporadic poster, so I might not get back to respond for a bit, but what don't you like about the Hypetac?

What do you wish it did better?

What is making you hesitate about the Quark mini?

..the more info the better ;)

Brokenbuyyer

Newly Enlightened
12 hour shifts make me a sporadic poster, so I might not get back to respond for a bit, but what don't you like about the Hypetac?

What do you wish it did better?

What is making you hesitate about the Quark mini?

..the more info the better ;)

Well I never thought about carrying a pen. Or maybe it's not having that much Lumens with runtimes.

Not really hesitating, but just waiting for someone to sell one. Guess $34 from FourSevens is already cheap enough. Might just end up with that...
Searching Marketplace everyday for new things in my budget.

HaileStorm

Enlightened
Any other suggestions?

I just got the Klarus XT2C today and I totally happy with it! I think it would fit your requirements as it did mine. I wanted something for edc:

- at least 500 lumens (hey, 470 is close enough)
- not too small so that I could still use it against an attacker
- yet not too big so as to make me look excited in my pants :D
- roughly the same price bracket as yours
- forward-clicky
- unbeatable UI
- will take 18650's and RCR's
- good build-quality (must be dependable)

Before buying this, I originally considered the Sunwayman V11R and the JetBeam PA10. They are good lights, but what turned me off with the V11R is the adjustable ring. I thought it locks on max output, it doesn't. I don't like the fact that the ring might rotate while in my pocket and if the light will take a beating, then this is just another component that might break in time or in rough situations.

The PA10 would've been perfect. Except for the fact that you need the 14500 battery in it to get 650 lumens max output. And when you do have the 14500 inside, it becomes a single-mode flashlight. That makes it completely useless for close range situations, say looking for something at night while indoors. I want complete control of my light if it's for an edc be it at max output, min output or strobe.

All in all, this light fulfilled my criteria for an edc, truly something I could use when even the slightest need arises. Totally awesome light, makes me even more excited for my XT11 to arrive! I really hope this helps you, let me know if you've any questions and I'll try to answer them as best as I can.

Good luck with your purchase!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD