• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Beginners Guide to Hotwire Incandescents

Starlight

Enlightened
I would change the label for your step 5 from "Options & extras" to "Also Required". Those bulbs will melt the Mag reflectors and lenses.

JimmyM

Flashlight Enthusiast
In the "regulation" section, you only reference the AW softstarter, which doesn't actually regulate. You may want to rename that section to "Advanced Switching & Control" then split it into 2 sub-sections. One for soft starting (AW) and another section for regulation (AlanB's, wquille's, and JimmyM's)

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Any mention of 5761?

I'm a bit distracted by other projects right now, so this thread is sorely in need of some updates (thanks everyone!).

Short answer: I havn't yet blown enough 5761's to recommend its use on two 26500's without regulation, a minimum qualification for the Beginners Guide. If someone will find the safe rest period, I'm happy to add it!

R@ndom

Enlightened
I'm a bit distracted by other projects right now, so this thread is sorely in need of some updates (thanks everyone!).

Short answer: I havn't yet blown enough 5761's to recommend its use on two 26500's without regulation, a minimum qualification for the Beginners Guide. If someone will find the safe rest period, I'm happy to add it!

I 'rest' my cells by hooking it up to a 50 watt par lamp.:devil:

Nite

Enlightened
great thread great resources thanks!:thumbsup:

Id love to see FiveMegas Bi pin D26 series adaptors....another 1.5mm socket, Included in the list, I was surprised it wasnt. I think the G4 socket he invented was much more recent than the older 1.5mm socket.

Those Can really put out some serious power with the right ammo.:naughty: