Benchmade 755 - Any comments (with my 1st impression!)?

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really haven't taken it out to really use yet. My 1st camping trip for the year is coming up. That will be the trial run!

Valkman

Newly Enlightened
That 755 looks like a great knife, and I'm sure you'll be happy with it.The thing I like about Benchmade is the AXIS lock. I have 3 of them now with a Gritilian, a Bone Collector and a Rift. Can't go wrong with Benchmade or their sharpening service, although I use a Wicked Edge Sharpener and have never used it.

Here's a link to the Rift at the best place to buy Benchmades, Knifeworks: http://www.knifeworks.com/benchmade950riftblackandcharcoalg10scalesplainedge.aspx

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had some unexpected expenses, so I went a while without purchasing any lights or knives (oh, the HORROR!). Just recently received my 581 Barrage, and I love it. I am not some fanatical backpacker who cares about every ounce...and that is a good thing. Of all the knives I own, this one feels the heaviest, and definitely the highest quality. Fits well in the hand, textured and good grip without tearing up clothing like some knives with aggressive jimping, etc. I really like the feel of it, and it looks awesome. Arrived quite sharp, as expected. Next up, I am going to get a 940, I'll update when I finally get around to that.

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Quick update. My BM 755 makes short work of everything I cut up. Non-knife people look at me funny when they see me with this blade in hand. It looks like a modern day Gladius aka the Roman Centurion Short Sword! I'm still looking for a sheath worthy of this blade!

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast

Valkman

Newly Enlightened
Yea I was in a hurry when I asked that. I was suprised when one of mine showed up less than real sharp but corrected that with my Wicked Edge sharpener.

Latest posts